The ultimative Deathgarden Guide

M4I3XM4I3X Member
edited August 2018 in Tips & Training

The ultimative Deathgarden Guide

This guide moved to Steam: Click here
Last Updated: Early Access Release

In this guide you will get informations about the content in deathgarden and general information that everbody should know.
If you are a beginner this will help you understand the general processes and tell you basic things you should pay attention to.

In this Guide:

Hunter:

Weapons:

Snake Bite • Assault Rifle
PassaM HackSaw T24 • LMG
Jasper 67V • Auto Shotgun
Mauler 190 Shotgun • Semi Shotgun
Core design TTX22 • Sniper Rifle
Fr574 "Devil's Breath" • Bolt Action Sniper

Powers:

Anti Personnel Turret • Place up to 2 turrets that will be firing at a runner within a range of 40m.
Drop Mine • Place up to 10 proximity mines that explodes if a runner is within the marked radius.
I See You • Create a pulse wich reveals all nearby Runners for 11 seconds.
Fade • Turn invisible and remove any negative status effects(slow, poision, reveal, stun, etc...).

Perks:

Rapid Reload • Increases reload speed by 50% on all weapons.
Extra Toppings • Increases ammo received by 50%.
Marked Eye • Auto Reveals all game objects within 25 meters.
Bigger Clipper • Increases magazine size by 33%.
Hey Down There • Downed Runners are revealed for 6 seconds.
Great Shape • Increases stamina regen by 15%.

Abilitys:

Electroshock • Stun a runner if he is around you / To use it you need 30% of your stamina.
Overdrive • It uses your available stamina and gives you a very strong movement boost until you stop it or your stamina is empty.
Override • Shoot at a game object(except objectives) to reveal a runner the next time he interacts with it.

General Information:

How to execute a runner?: You need down 3 runners to send a downed runner to the bloodpost.
How to win?: To win you need to execute 3 runners or rather there just need to be 3 runners dead, it doesn't matter how they die.
How to get ammo?: To get ammunition you need to collect ammo boxes.
How can i upgrade my gun?: To upgrade your gun you need to collect upgrade parts and you get a direct buff.
Whatelse can i do?: You can deny a health for a period of time to prevent runners from using it.
Do i need to down 3 runner again after one got secured from the bloodpost?: No, the next runner you down can also be send to the bloodpost.

Runner:

Classes:

Support:
Healing Bolt • Heals all runners for 15 hp in an AoE of 2.5m, for the gentle touch.
Shield Bolt • Shield runners from damage for a short period of time.
NPI Multiplier Bolt • Increases NPI earned from all sources.

Torment:
Hunter Reveal • Reveals the Hunter for a short period of time, that can be seen anywhere.
Virus Bolt • Block the Hutner interaction over a period of time.
Blind Bolt • Impairs the Hunter's vision.

Control:
Slow Bolt • Slows the Hunter for a short time.
Stun Bolt • Staggers and knocks back Hunter.
Degenerate Bolt • Reduces the Hunter's damage.

Perks:

Agility:
Evade Master • Recover stamina 100% faster.
Cling Wrap • Increases wall climing time by 500%.

Protection:
Quick Rescue • Cuts rescue time by 50%.
Revivalist • Revive with full health instead of 1/3.
Damage Dodger • Cuts damage received during combat roll by 50%.
Staying Alive • Increases time before bleedout, when downed, by 50%.
Crawler • Increases crawl speed when downed by 40%.

Environment:
Lucky Charm • 25% Chance to gain an additional Weapon Upgrade Part from Crates.

Upgrades:

Control:

• Slow Bolt • Tier 1
    Reduce Hunter speed by 50% for 3 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• Slow Bolt • Tier 2
    Reduce Hunter speed by 50% for 3 sec.(AoE 5.0m)

• Slow Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Reduces the Hunter's rate of fire by 50% for 4 sec.

• Speed Caltrop
    Bonus: Reduce Hunter speed by 50% for 5 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• Stun Bolt • Tier 1
    Staggers and knocks back Hunter.(AoE 2.5m)

• Stun Bolt • Tier 2
    Staggers and knocks back Hunter.(AoE 5.0m)

• Stun Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Disables the Hunters HUD for 4 sec.

• Stun Caltrop
    Staggers and knocks back Hunter.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• Degenerate Bolt • Tier 1
    Reduces Hunter damage by 50% for 10 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(Affects Hunter Constructs)

• Degenerate Bolt • Tier 2
    Reduces Hunter damage by 50% for 10 sec.(AoE 5.0m)(Affects Hunter Constructs)

• Degenerate Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Forces Hunter to reload current weapon. Slows Hunter's reload speed by 20%.

• Degenerate Caltrop
    Reduces Hunter damage by 50% for 10 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)(Affects Hunter Constructs)

Support:

• Healing Bolt • Tier 1
    Heals Runners for 35hp.(AoE 2.5m)

• Healing Bolt • Tier 2
    Heals Runners for 35hp.(AoE 5.0m)

• Healing Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Revives downed Runners.

• Heal Caltrop
    Heals Runners for 35hp.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• Shield Bolt • Tier 1
    Shields Runners for 40 damage for 15 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• Shield Bolt • Tier 2
    Shields Runners for 40 damage for 15 sec.(AoE 5.m)

• Shield Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Protects against hacked crates.(removes shield, disables hack)

• Shield Caltrop
    Bonus: Shields Runners for 40 damage for 15 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• NPI Multiplier Bolt • Tier 1
    Increases NPI gained by 25% for 40 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• NPI Multiplier Bolt • Tier 2
    Increases NPI gained by 25% for 40 sec.(AoE 5m)

• NPI Multiplier Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: All Runners affected benefit from each other's NPI earnings.

• NPI Multiplier Caltrop
    Increases NPI gained by 25% for 40 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

Torment:

• Hunter Reveal Bolt • Tier 1
    Reveals the Hunter's location and additional information for 20 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• Hunter Reveal Bolt • Tier 2
    Reveals the Hunter's location and additional information for 20 sec.(AoE 5.0m)

• Hunter Reveal Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Hunter cannot Hack Crates.

• Reveal Caltrop
    Reveals the Hunter's location and additional information for 20 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• Virus Bolt • Tier 1
    Slows Hunter interaction by 500% for 10 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• Virus Bolt • Tier 2
    Slows Hunter interaction by 500% for 10 sec.(AoE 5.0m)

• Virus Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Drains 50 Hunter Stamina.

• Virus Caltrop
    Slows Hunter interaction by 500% for 10 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

• Blind Bolt • Tier 1
    Blinds the Hunter for 2.5 sec.(AoE 2.5m)

• Blind Bolt • Tier 2
    Blinds the Hunter for 2.5 sec.(AoE 5.0m)

• Blind Bolt • Tier 3
    Bonus: Increases spread of Hunter weapon to maximum.

• Blind Caltrop
    Blinds the Hunter for 2.5 sec.(AoE 2.5m)(remains for 40 sec)

General Information:

How to use abilitys?: Before you can use your abilitys you need to upgrade your bow, to upgrade your bow you need to collect upgrade parts. Important: You need NPI to acctually use your the abilitys.
How to get NPI: Mark game objects, capture objectives, revive runners, escape the hunter, help a runner to escape the hunter.
How to get arrows?: Collect ammo boxes.
How to heal yourself?: Get your heal at a healthstation.
Where can i upgrade my bow?: You can upgrade your bow at a upgrade station.
I'm down, what can i do?: You can get revived by a teammate or you find a healthstation.
I was send to the bloodpost, what can i do?: Nothing! You can only be rescued by your teammates.
A teammate was send to the bloodpost, what can i do?: You need to distract the hunter to rescue your teammate.

All game objects:

Upgrade Crate

As a runner you get one upgrade part from a crate. As a hunter you will get an instant buff on your weapon

Ammo Box

As a runner you get 10 arrows from the ammo box. As a hunter you get a specific amount of ammunition depending on what perks you choose

Healthstation

As a runner you can heal yourself or revive if you are downed. As a hunter you can deny a health for a period of time to prevent runners from using it.

Upgrade Station

As a runner you can upgrade your bow.

Objective(Gamemode: Capture the Objective)

As a runner you can capture those objectives to win the game

Objective(Gamemode: Gather & Deliver)

After gathering a charge(key) you need to deliver it to one of the 3 objectives.

Gather Point

From this station you can gather a charge(key) to deliver it.

Golden Crate

If you collect the crate as a runner you will get a unlimted arrows and NPI for 30 seconds. As a hunter you will get unlimted ammo for your guns.

Last Update: 11/08/2018

Comments

• M4I3XM4I3X Member
    edited August 2018

Gamemodes:

There are currently two gamemodes available, "Capture the Objective" and "Gather & Deliver".

Capture the Objective:

• To win this gamemode you need to capture two out of 3 objectives that are available. You don't need to capture a whole objective at once, after you captured at least 50% of the objective it won't go less the 50%.
    • As soon as you are in the radius of an objective it starts capturing and you will be revealed to the hunter until you are out of the radius for 2(+/-) seconds. So watch out if you are leaving a objective, the hunter can see in wich direction you run.
    • After you captured 2 out of 3 objectives the exits will open and 3 runners need to escape to win the game.
    • As soon as the exits are open the "Bloodmode" starts, that mean if you get downed the hunter can kill you immediately without sending you to the bloodpost and after a 10 seconds countdown you will be also revealed to the hunter.

Gather & Deliver:

• To win this gamemode you need to get charges(keys) from the "Gather Point", then you need to deliver the charge(key) to one of 3 objectives.
    • A objective is complete after 3 charges(keys) got delivert to it.
    • To open the exits you need to complete 2 out of objectives.
    • As soon as the exits are open the "Bloodmode" starts, that mean if you get downed the hunter can kill you immediately without sending you to the bloodpost and after a 10 seconds countdown you will be also revealed to the hunter.

How to play / What do i need to pay attention to:

Important: This are not any special tactics, just a general way to play!

Hunter:

The beginning:

• Collect Ammo
    • Collect Upgrades
    • Try to find runners really fast because as soon as you find a runner the chances are really low that they already have any abilitys ready to use

Mid game

• Use your powers to keep runners away from the bloodpost when you are about to execute a runner.
    • Don't camp, it is not worth. Even if you camp the runners have the ability to revive a runner with a arrow.
    • If the runners get the golden crate dont be pissed if they spam you full with there abilitys. Its only for 45 seconds and most of the time they dont event capture a objective so it doesn't matter.

Generel

• Turrets are useful for finding a Runner if you suspect one is nearby, or if you want to keep tabs on an area. They open fire in any Runner within line of sight of the turret, allowing you to easily pinpoint their position.
    • As of the closed alpha, there is no penalty for being in the radius of a detonating mine. Use this to your advantage by dropping one at your feet with a Runner nearby to injure and stagger them.
    • Hide mines and turrets in patches of tall grass to make them more difficult for a Runner to spot.

Runner:

Teamplay is the most important thing for deathgarden is, without playing in a team you will NOT win!

The beginning:

• Don't be selfish and collect all crates for your self, if other runners are nearby wait for them.
    • Marking game objects is also important, it helps your whole team to coordinate and you can upgrade your bow faster. Don't forget that this is the most common way to get NPI.
    • Try to not get found by the killer, without any abilitys its kinda difficult to escape from the hunter.

Mid game:

• Try to always capture 2 different objectives at once, the hunter will not be able to defend both at the same time.
    • If you rescue a runner from the bloodpost it is the best solution to have a torment and control class there to make it easier.

End game:

• Even if runners are downed, as long as 3 runners are alive you should escape. Because you win whenever 3 runners escaped.

Generel

• Never travel alone, and actively communicate/strategize with your team. Plan who will be doing what ahead of time if possible.
    • When capturing multiple objectives at once, if the Hunter comes for you, stay on the objective as long as possible. Evade, dash in and out, climb walls and towers, whatever you have to do. This forces the Hunter to stay on you to prevent progress at that objective, giving your fellow Runners time to capture on the other objective.
    • Mines can be spotted by their distinctive red glow, along with a red line circling it to show the explosion radius. They can be set off with two normal arrows, or detonated instantly with an ability arrow.
    • If a turret opens fire on you, mark it as soon as possible. Even if you can’t take it down from your position, other Runners will be able to see and target it. 4-5 regular arrows or 2-3 ability arrows will destroy a turret.

Frequently asked questions:

Coming Soon

Last Update: 21/06/2018

You will help?

If you want to help to make this guide bigger and bigger, feel free to post under this thread and i will add it to the guide.
    If you recognize something that is wrong please correct me.
    You could also see some names that you never heard or saw ingame because not everything got a designation.

• FarenfaxFarenfax Member

Hunter:

• Turrets are useful for finding a Runner if you suspect one is nearby, or if you want to keep tabs on an area. They open fire in any Runner within line of sight of the turret, allowing you to easily pinpoint their position.
    • As of the closed alpha, there is no penalty for being in the radius of a detonating mine. Use this to your advantage by dropping one at your feet with a Runner nearby to injure and stagger them.
    • Hide mines and turrets in patches of tall grass to make them more difficult for a Runner to spot.

Runner:

• Never travel alone, and actively communicate/strategize with your team. Plan who will be doing what ahead of time if possible.
    • When capturing multiple objectives at once, if the Hunter comes for you, stay on the objective as long as possible. Evade, dash in and out, climb walls and towers, whatever you have to do. This forces the Hunter to stay on you to prevent progress at that objective, giving your fellow Runners time to capture on the other objective.
    • Mines can be spotted by their distinctive red glow, along with a red line circling it to show the explosion radius. They can be set off with two normal arrows, or detonated instantly with an ability arrow.
    • If a turret opens fire on you, mark it as soon as possible. Even if you can’t take it down from your position, other Runners will be able to see and target it. 4-5 regular arrows or 2-3 ability arrows will destroy a turret.
  • M4I3XM4I3X Member
    edited May 2018

Thank you!

I will add it later, i need to talk to someone because with your text added i reached the maximum characters.

• FarenfaxFarenfax Member

You might consider creating the guide on the steam community. Could make it as long as you want at that point.

• M4I3XM4I3X Member

As soon as i can create one on the steam community i will do that, but i need to own deathgarden and because you can't buy it right know i need to wait until it is released.

• KazamaSionKazamaSion Member

Hi, can you let me translate your guide into Chinese, and post on my blog?
    I will mark your name and attach the original link in the footer.

• M4I3XM4I3X Member

Sure, but it would be nice to send me the translated guide because as soon as i can create a guide on the communityhub i will have it translated into several languages.

• KevloKevlo Member, Moderator mod

Amazing guide! <3

• M4I3XM4I3X Member

I updated this guide to the latest DG release and this guide will move to the steam community.
    Mainly because the limited characters(already reached it in my main post).

-> Guide on Steam

• MichaelMichael Member ✭✭✭

This guide is quite impressive haha! Gj! :)