Arrow effects

maeblemaeble Member

Some of the arrow effects are really disgusting when I play hunter.
Maybe the most part of Torment and Control. Please change these effects in a mild way.

Comments

• maeblemaeble Member

Especially when runners kept shooting me with ability arrow.

• MrTUCMrTUC Member

There is a cooldown on each effect actually, so you can easely kill every runners when they are standing around you.

• maeblemaeble Member

@MrTUC said:
    There is a cooldown on each effect actually, so you can easely kill every runners when they are standing around you.

Sry I didnt talk about how to kill the runners. just mentioned the effect.
    When I activate the bloodpost for example, torment/control will shoot me with their skills. Like virus, blind, stun, regenerate. Then my sight turn into green or purple, and also shaking.

• dezzmontdezzmont Member
    edited August 2018

@MrTUC said:

You literally can't if you don't rock auto shotgun and AR.

Like the damage numbers make it literally impossible to outdamage the healing the runners have if they are CCing you correctly.

I actually have a vid from my stream of 4 hunters just circling around me endlessly shooting at me because NPI share is so strong they had effectively infinite NPI and could just cycle CDs endlessly.

• maeblemaeble Member

omg sry i talk about effect of the sights caused by the skill bolts! not the effect of the arrow.

• maeblemaeble Member

@maeble said:
    omg sry i talk about effect of the sights caused by the skill bolts! not the effect of the arrow.

how should i say this in English? sry guys :(

• MrTUCMrTUC Member
    edited August 2018

@dezzmont said:

@MrTUC said:

You literally can't if you don't rock auto shotgun and AR.

Like the damage numbers make it literally impossible to outdamage the healing the runners have if they are CCing you correctly.

I actually have a vid from my stream of 4 hunters just circling around me endlessly shooting at me because NPI share is so strong they had effectively infinite NPI and could just cycle CDs endlessly.

Hm I have to disagree

I've played a ton of games in both team to check if the game was balanced. After 15 hours of gameplay, I've never seen any hunter (played by me or another guy) getting destroyed when every runners is around, not doing objectives. If you are smart and have a little bit of aim, hunting isn't that hard and you're not getting bullied everytime. Actually, your goal is to protect objectives and this is pretty easy to do (remember your sprint burst and your turrets, you are faster than runners and can spot them easely).

However, I do agree that runners are a little bit to long to kill (Pretty sure 33% less HP should fixe the problem).

• dezzmontdezzmont Member
    edited August 2018

@MrTUC said:
    Hm I have to disagree

I've played a ton of games in both team to check if the game was balanced. After 15 hours of gameplay, I've never seen any hunter (played by me or another guy) getting destroyed when every runners is around, not doing objectives. If you are smart and have a little bit of aim, hunting isn't that hard and you're not getting bullied everytime. Actually, your goal is to protect objectives and this is pretty easy to do (remember your sprint burst and your turrets, you are faster than runners and can spot them easely).

However, I do agree that runners are a little bit to long to kill (Pretty sure 33% less HP should fixe the problem).

The runners have 7 skills to impair the hunter's damage dealing abilities. Degen, Slow, Blind, Stun, Heal, and Shield.

The rotation is Stun, Blind, Slow, then shield if the hunter somehow managed to stay on the target, degen, heal, repeat. That is more than 10 seconds of debuff for the entire rotation, meaning there is no point where the runner isn't hindered in some way to prevent them from being able to apply lethal damage. Fade can get you out of one loop of it, but that gives you a 5 second window if that assuming the runners space their abilities correctly so they can fire another off early if you fade.

If you have NPI share this rotation nets you a full NPI bar if the target of the hunter escaped. The entire rotation is ready again by the time it is over, and the hunter's assault rifle does not have the damage even fully upgrade to penetrate it, and obviously the hunter is unable to give chase with a shotgun while slowed to get in range in time. If they try to re-target the other runners are also far enough away that they can't be shotgunned. It should be obvious why a sniper also won't work in this scenario, as you are always either unable to scope, or are under degen, or are firing on a shielded target, meaning you can't secure the kill with the sniper and switch in time to get the down before the target is healed and the rotation starts again.

You don't need all 5 to do this. 4 can handle it, swapping the two supports who are baiting the fire so their shielding cooldown goes down. This is why coordinated 5 stacks literally assault the runner full force as soon as they get NPI share. The runner literally does not have the tools to fight back against runners with infinite NPI. They can't crack that rotation, it literally isn't possible with the damage numbers of the guns. Hell, throw in virus 3 and the hunter literally can't get away from this to chase anyone.

Runner is fun vs uncordinated teams who have supports who think NPI boost is lame, but this rotation is literally gamebreaking. You can't beat it, it is actually mechanically impossible even assuming you are an assault rifle god, and I am shocked you haven't run into it because it shows up in about 25% of games. I literally quit hunter because of it showing up 3 games in a row on stream.

The dichotomy between coordinated runners and gormless noobs who don't know what a torment does and just took the class because it is the only one with a cool name is titanic. Once runners actually understand their tools and realize their power generation mechanic favors long engagements and the hunter's stamina+reload mechanics favoring short ones where the runners aren't aggressive, and the hunter is toast. It is an inevitable consequence of the game's design that the hunters weirdly want to attack the hunter and be as visible and irritating as possible because of NPI generation, hunter stamina, and the fact the hunter literally can't reach objectives in time to stop even a solo capture while under attack

• KilraneKilrane Member

I've run into this as well. What's really bad is if you run away from the Runners and try to reload they can easily follow you and chain stun you out of the animation.

• MrTUCMrTUC Member

Really interesting analysis, but you are showing the worst scenario ever possible to show up. And once again, as I said, this is happening when 4 / 5 runners are on the hunter, not doing the objectives. If you get perma stunned, you can at least reach the objective to contest. If runners need to split, they won't be able to stun you for ages.

Moreover, I never met that kind of game synergy, and even if this is too strong (considering your description of it) this is like any video game in the market : if you are smart, and teamworking correctly, you can beat the opponent. The game isn't perfectly balanced, I've to admit, but this is not the full game release yet, and there will be improvements for sure.

I also have to say that I've seen hunters getting bullied, and the main reason is because they don't know how to move properly : they usually walk, sometimes run, but barrely jump to avoid bolts. I usually jump all the time and use my sprint burst to escape 5 runners on me / hunt someone down, and runners can't really hit me unless they have everything upgraded to max. If you hack blue crates correctly, and capture all upgrades before runners, they won't be able to shoot you for an infinite amount of time, keep that in mind. Early game is for Hunter, end game for runners, this is how the game works.

I'm pretty sad to see people complaining about this game and its balance, while on one side, players are crying about runners, and on the other side, players are crying about hunters.

But once again, the game isn't perfect, I agree with that, but some players are a bit to salty with runners, who are less cancer than survivors in DBD, looping forever around 1 pallet.

• DarkyoshDarkyosh Member

@MrTUC said:

Not really. It is impossible to win as hunter if 2-3 of the hunters are decent unless they mess up horribly and even so with atleast two good runners they can easily free him.

• ACoolNameACoolName Member

Thankfully this game still has new blood ; it can be changed.
    Hunters have the early game to win, if they cant get the momentum going, then their chances of winning are downed heavily. You need to get Dmg crates upgrades and go find a runner fast. If you down them, then you ensure the downed doesn't get upgrades, and one person has to go help the downed, thus also not get upgrades. Who you downed also plays : if you down a support, You are extremely lucky. A torment, execution are easier. A control, You may roam free.
    you see, this game has a lot of variables to take into account, and most can be changed as this game is still new.
    And remember, more perks are to come. HOPEFULLY THEY WONT BE LIKE DBD WHERE PERKS ARE BANDAID FIXES AND ONLY REAL, BUILT IN STUFF GET FIXED.

• maeblemaeble Member

what are you guys talking about :(
    Talking how to down runners is enough, stop it please.