The infamous auto shotgun needs a NERF

ZectromZZectromZ Member
edited September 2018 in Hunters

Ive played this game for a solid time now and have reached the rank ICON on survivor. But one weapon in the hunters arsenal has been bane of my existence while climbing the ranks... the auto shotgun. Ive played with it and against it and have noticed its strenghts and weaknesses, and come to a conclusion that the strengths sevearly out-do the weak spots of the weapon. In my opinion the damage is too high for it combining its deadly ROF. I understand that its weakness is its ammo consumption and it can mess you up but still with good ammo management can be completely negated. While the regular shotgun took great timing to get the shots to hit right so they would do the maximum damage, the auto-shotgun throws that factor out the window you just need a clear line of sight behind a runner for about 1 seconds and his/shes dead. It doesnt require good aim since the mag is so large, it doesnt require timing of shots since they come out extremely fast, AND to top it off it has almost identicle damage to the regular shotgun. So in conclusion, it has a faster time-to-kill than the regular shotgun, requieres less skill to use, and the ammo problem can be easily countered. And if you combine it with fade (a skill i think should gte a slight nerf but that for another time) the hunter can walk up to you without you knowing where he is shoot you 2-4 times wich is about 1 seconds maximum and youre dead. You can react to that. sure you might hear him coming but you dont know if his cloaked or just behind some wall or where he is coming from.

I suggest its damage is sevearly reduced or the mag size made smaller

PS: THIS POST WAS MADE BEFORE THE AUTO SHOTGUN NERF! STOP MESSAGING ME THAT IT DOESN'T 1 HIT ANYMORE AND THAT KIND OF DUMB BS, CHECK THE DATE!

Comments

• ZectromZZectromZ Member

Quick note: With further testing I found out that the auto shotgun can 1 hit you... yes an auto shotgun can 1 hit you... fair and balanced... this makes the invisibility thing even worse because now he can walk right up to you and 1 shot you!!! Like how broken is that!!!

• FlatopiaFlatopia Member

As a hunter main I would think the auto shotgun should, obviously, have a damage cap that lets the normal shotgun do more damage per shot potentially and I think the auto shotgun should have the slower one-by-one reload. It's kinda weird the slower fire rate shotgun has a slower fire rate and reload on top of having a lower ttk. I think those two changes would keep it's niche of "ruin your day burst damage" while making it so it has a very clear weakness.

• hyilhyil Member

completly broken in goood hand no way no fun rape all team in 5 sec and i m not a new player

@Flatopia said:
    As a hunter main I would think the auto shotgun should, obviously, have a damage cap that lets the normal shotgun do more damage per shot potentially and I think the auto shotgun should have the slower one-by-one reload. It's kinda weird the slower fire rate shotgun has a slower fire rate and reload on top of having a lower ttk. I think those two changes would keep it's niche of "ruin your day burst damage" while making it so it has a very clear weakness.

I totally think its damage should be lowered atleast below the normal shotguns damage. But i think it should still have the full drum mag reload, otherwise it wouldnt make sense, with how auto shotguns work. and would the weapon kinda unusable.

• voldovoldo Member

Just upgrade as you go. I've hit people just feet from me with that shotgun and they don't go down. LOL lower the damage of the shotgun? Why don't you ask them to switch it out with a nerf gun? Thats the whole point of the shotgun. Close range and causes max damage.

• @voldo said:
    Just upgrade as you go. I've hit people just feet from me with that shotgun and they don't go down. LOL lower the damage of the shotgun? Why don't you ask them to switch it out with a nerf gun? Thats the whole point of the shotgun. Close range and causes max damage.

1. No need to get triggered Mr.Hunter Main.
    2. Since they nerfed the auto shotgun, it seems that the nerf was needed.
    3. If you didn't 1 hit people than you just had bad aim and/or got an unlucky spread.
  • I don't use auto shotgun much, but it is nowhere near as deadly as it's being made out to be. IF they stand still, you can dump a full magazine into them and get a kill...sometimes. I've blasted a runner at point blank with an entire six shots and they lived through it. More often you get one clean hit before they start jumping around like a retarded monkey and destroy your aim. The semi auto is worse, far worse; I've counted upwards of eight clean hits without a kill using that weapon. I'm aware we're not going for realism here but that strikes me as rather ridiculous.

edited September 2018

@pistkitty said:
    I don't use auto shotgun much, but it is nowhere near as deadly as it's being made out to be. IF they stand still, you can dump a full magazine into them and get a kill...sometimes. I've blasted a runner at point blank with an entire six shots and they lived through it. More often you get one clean hit before they start jumping around like a retarded monkey and destroy your aim. The semi auto is worse, far worse; I've counted upwards of eight clean hits without a kill using that weapon. I'm aware we're not going for realism here but that strikes me as rather ridiculous.

Auto shotty got nerfed already the topic is old and the auto shotty gets like 2-3 shot <3

• And yet you're still whining and calling for more nerfs on the "old topic"

• voldovoldo Member

@ZectromZ said:

@voldo said:

3. If you didn't 1 hit people than you just had bad aim and/or got an unlucky spread.

LOL i love how they always say, you have bad aim or you just suck, yet they're the ones calling for the nerf of weapons. Triggered? lol 5 vs 1 and you want to nerf a weapon because you cant escape a hunter? Lol yes everything they do must be right. Trust me.....they'll be changing that pretty soon. They'll tilt the balance toward the hunter again and runners will be in a uproar once more.

• Unfortunately it's too late. Game is averaging less than 20 players right now. Hell, the chinese dbd knockoff Soul at Stake has 10 times the average playerbase of Deathgarden. But runners will continue to whine and cry as more and more hunters quit, and queue times get longer and longer, due to their own greed and arrogance.

• @voldo said:

@ZectromZ said:

@voldo said:

LOL i love how they always say, you have bad aim or you just suck, yet they're the ones calling for the nerf of weapons. Triggered? lol 5 vs 1 and you want to nerf a weapon because you cant escape a hunter? Lol yes everything they do must be right. Trust me.....they'll be changing that pretty soon. They'll tilt the balance toward the hunter again and runners will be in a uproar once more.

At this point you're being rude for no reason.

• @pistkitty said:
    And yet you're still whining and calling for more nerfs on the "old topic"

I don't call for more nerfs. I just said the shotgun is fine it got nerfed and now it's decent but not overpowered.