Please nerf the landmines.

XtremeNLXtremeNL Member

Please nerf the landmines. the hunter can just run towards you and spam the landmines on you. it is way too op.
And please make it like you cant spam the landmines next to the
guillotine

Comments

• UltraNEOUltraNEO Member

You have bolts, why not just shoot the landmines, to get rid of them?

MsNikita.tv formerly known as UltraNEO★
    about | twitter | twitch | discord

• Arthy01Arthy01 Member

you need too much of bolts if hunter spams the mines

• lighttt_lighttt_ Member

I think the landmines are fine, you have plenty of time to run away from them and they have very low health

• GrizzGrizz Member

@lighttt_ The mines & turrets work as a tracking mechanism though, which is what I See You is supposed to do. Mines & turrets should be nerfed so they DONT have the ability to track runners.

@Grizz said:
    @lighttt_ The mines & turrets work as a tracking mechanism though, which is what I See You is supposed to do. Mines & turrets should be nerfed so they DONT have the ability to track runners.

What would they do instead? I think the mines and turrets are meant to protect the bloodpost and the objectives and track survivors in grass. without turrets and mines, runners could basically just hide in grass with almost no risk and would basically be invisible. Also, they’re meant to waste runners time at objectives and bloodpost. Although, I do think at bloodposts two turrets is too strong because you cannot take the turrets out fast enough to save the runner on the post

• GrizzGrizz Member

As I said, I See You is supposed to do all of the tracking work. Not mines or turrets. Turrets and mines should indeed act as the guardians of the arena (specifically the bloodpost) but they shouldn't track. They should put out damage and serve as crowd/area control.

So how would a nerf that stops them from tracking be put in place? Do you mean like stops shooting when runners are in grass? Also what is the “I see you” ability you are mentioning? I’m not familiar with the actual names

edited June 2018

I swear. Some people shouldn't be "beta testing" unreleased products.. as the act of beta-testing isn't about fine-tuning weapon systems and features but reporting possible in-game bugs which may occur during the initial development stage..

I personally think those mines and turrets are fine at present.

For those of you who don't know, to destroy a mine you need to shoot them twice and there are plenty of ammo refilling stations dotted around the map, plus there are plenty of opportunities to upgraded your gear to tier 3. Maybe you guys should experiment more before actually moaning?

• LeviLevi Member, Moderator mod

@UltraNEO said:
    I swear. Some people shouldn't be "beta testing" unreleased products.. as the act of beta-testing isn't about fine-tuning weapon systems and features but reporting possible in-game bugs which may occur during the initial development stage..

Beta testing is meant to include many people of all types so the game can be tested in every way and watch how people interact with the game. All feedback is welcomed.

• BelialBelial Member

@UltraNEO
    Well my dude, you can't outrun the hunter with speed so you try hiding. He places mines into all the grass spots where he suspects you to be hiding. What then? You gonna fly away? Now, don't you dare to argue you could shoot the mines that are directly next to you...
    Imo, mines should be reworked. They should function as a sort of trap:
    remove the visible radius around it and make the mine itself smaller so it could be more easily hidden but also make them not set off when, upon placement, a runner is in the radius.

@Arthy01 said:

you need too much of bolts if hunter spams the mines

If you use NPI's, you'll ONLY need two of them...

• FaustianFaustian Member
    edited June 2018

@Belial said:
    @UltraNEO
    Well my dude, you can't outrun the hunter with speed so you try hiding. He places mines into all the grass spots where he suspects you to be hiding. What then? You gonna fly away? Now, don't you dare to argue you could shoot the mines that are directly next to you...
    Imo, mines should be reworked. They should function as a sort of trap:
    remove the visible radius around it and make the mine itself smaller so it could be more easily hidden but also make them not set off when, upon placement, a runner is in the radius.

I get this - but honestly wouldn’t the hunter just use stun field and get (largely) the same effected result if mines even had a setup timer or something of the sort? I don’t think mines are inherently the problem (though maybe they’ll need to be tuned down the road - who knows.) especially considering we have yet to see all the possible loadout options. They’re certainly very good currently though. I think way more favorable than turrets IMO.

• ZectromZZectromZ Member

Yea tbh the fact that the hunter can put the landmines so close to the bloodpost is kinda dumb and will screw you over when there are only 3 people left. I think a good solution would be that either the mines have a strict range they cannot be deploid around the bloodpost. Or make it so that when a runners trigger the mines by running over them or by shooting them next to a hunter the hunter would be stunned for an extended period of time (for example 2.5 seconds) so you couldnt camp the bloodpost with them without hurting yourself