Runner tips from a hunter main

ragonrokragonrok Member, Moderator mod

Some key mistakes I see over and over. The runners that adhere to the listed things are extremely difficult to combat in my experience:

Heroics: rushing a body or a sacrifice when the hunter is guarding it with both turrets is a recipe for death. Cap a node, make him pay for that kill. I can't tell you how many times I've had an early win because I wiped 2-3 hero's who rush right into a trap.

Divide and conquer: cap multiple nodes at once. This is a worst case scenario as a hunter because it guarantee you'll get one as the hunter defends the other. It IS TRUE that more runners on a node=faster cap, but it's not worth the risk of getting multiple people down when the hunter shows up.

Getting fancy: all those fancy jukes that don't create distance is exactly what a hunter wants you to do. Eventually his stamina will recharge and you'll get stun-shotgunned.

Comments

• People seem to think that the same tactics used in Dead By Daylight will find instant success in the Garden - as a lot of the Runners I end up hunting just try and juke and jump around - essentially asking for a stun-shotgun kill.

The good Runners are those who put something solid between me and them, and those who make sure to get as much distance between them and me and coordinate with their team to land a Stun Bolt on me before I can gun them down.

You don't get anything out of blindly rushing towards the Blood Post - all you do is make life easier for me. Coordinate. CC me and distract me while another goes to rescue the trapped Runner.

And lastly, keep going on the nodes! Coordinate your capture efforts and the amount of pressure you can put on the Hunter is insane! When I come to your point, run in separate directions - force me to chase one of you while the others go back on the point.

Coordination and team tactics are the name of the game in the Garden.

We've risen so far that we've extinquished any other worthy game. Now the only quarry worth hunting is ourselves. And in the Garden, there is game enough for everyone.

Deathgarden Hunter's Creed

• FlatopiaFlatopia Member

Get your bolts prior to engaging.
    If you have a level 1 healing bolt, there's not much you can do by yourself as you stand on the point. You're asking for a down.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member

ooooh I see what you are doing haha. I like it :)

• ZiNcZiNc Member

Neat feedback. Nice work, glad you had the time to compile it!

• As a runner i like to break LOS in runs and hide quick. It works often. I usually lose because im the only one who tries to cap a point the whole match

• ragonrokragonrok Member, Moderator mod

After many more games as both hunter and runner there is another key mistake runners make

capping nodes before upgrades:
    This is basically throwing the game. If you are on a node in the first 2-3 minutes of a match, you are probably going to get killed along with the rest of your team.

Every time this happens I will instantly run to the node and down the guy capping it. no one has any upgrades so there is nothing anyone can do to stop me. I fortify the entire area around the body and wait from a high ground. Healer comes and gets killed. Now two guys are down in the same spot next to a node and the entire area is loaded with mines or turrets at this point so saving either of these guys is next to impossible.

The bait of saving two people becomes too much temptation for other runners so they come running and die. eventually first 2 bleed out. third is on sacrifice hook and only has two friends to save him. its around 4-5 minutes and its gg. See how quickly that can spiral all because one guy?
    upgrade
    upgrade
    upgrade
    a team of fully upgraded runners is cancer for the hunter, because at that point its basically gg

• voldovoldo Member

Too bad none of this applies anymore.

• 2scavs1post2scavs1post Member

@ragonrok said:

Divide and conquer: cap multiple nodes at once. This is a worst case scenario as a hunter because it guarantee you'll get one as the hunter defends the other. It IS TRUE that more runners on a node=faster cap, but it's not worth the risk of getting multiple people down when the hunter shows up.

Naaaaahhhhh. The entire purpose of resource sharing is for blood. There are 3 obelisks with, on average, 2-3 blood siphons between each with a large negative space between A and C. If there are 5 survivors that are playing solo-minded and not attempting to double up on any siphons you're going to have maybe 3 of the 5 actually being efficient. This leaves the other two running to marked siphons only to find out they've had their resources depleted [effectively wasting their time]. The need for team play becomes even more necessary if the hunter executes 1-2 people early round. With correct map denial a huge amount of pressure is applied on the resources the scav's require to move around the map, mark/use blood siphons, clear drones and cap blood. The strength of teamplay heavily outweighs anything you can do solo.

If multiple scavs go down, aside from running into a cluster of mines, when a hunter shows up they're garbage. The hunter follows one person and the rest of the scavs support with concealment, or if they're low health try and steal the hunter's attention - much like taking the hit in dbd for your already wounded teammate.

• RagingCalmRagingCalm Member

That post was from the beta

• Maybe this post should be unpinned as it is not relevant in Bloodharvest.

• SlimthebardSlimthebard Member

Can we have the 2018 posts purged/archived since they are irrelevant now?