I'm frustrated

I played a few games today after a month (I still got introduced to the harvest your exit mode, so that wasn't completely new to me).
I am really frustrated that surviving is now so much harder when playing solo. It hurts me that this game is not enjoyable anymore, because hunters either decide to kill in the first two minutes or to completely waste time by slugging every scavenger. With the rework, the goal was to ease the focus on teamwork, but now that seems to be thrown out of the window. Arrrgh, I need some tea.

Comments

• MonlythMonlyth Member

Really? I played two games as a brand-new solo Scavenger and escaped both times. Didn't feel like I was being pressured to coordinate closely with my team.

• goat2019goat2019 Member ✭✭
    edited October 24

Oh hey Zarsotcher, I replied on Reddit to you (I post on both boards too ha ha) but I'll put my tips on here too to help any other solo Scavs reading this thread.

When I play Scav, I always do it solo (apart from when I can bug my brother to play with me). I still do ok. It depends on who you're up against.
    Here's my simple to follow tips for not getting killed in the first few minutes when playing solo (You may know some of this already). Most of these strategies haven't actually changed for me since HYE became a thing:

• Be aware where the Hunter is at all times.
    • Figure out which Hunter you're up against so you know whether to look out for mines/turrets/hacked posts etc.
    • The Hunter warning music is your biggest friend. Listen to it & run/hide when necessary.
    • Avoid the Hunter. There are 3 blood delivery points & only one Hunter. He can't be everywhere at once.
    • Don't draw unecessary attention to yourself (blowing up drones on the ground).
    • Don't be terrified of turrets. They are easy to knock out from long range.
    • Don't focus on the same Blood post that the other Scavs are if the Hunter is there. Go to another one. You should be aiming to open 2+ exits ideally anyway.
    • You have and extra life due to recyling. Take more risks on your first life but be careful once you've been recycled.
    • Use your Q ping to communicate with the other Scavs if yours/their chat isn't on.
    • If you haven't already, play as a Hunter sometimes too, so that you know how a Hunter thinks.
    • Evaluate the Hunter player. Are they a noob or a pro? Act accordingly. Take less risks against a good Hunter.

Sure a well practiced team is always going to be better than a bunch of solos but that doesn't mean a bunch of solos can't work well as a team & have fun. See you in the Garden. Maybe we can solo together. ;-)

edited October 24

@ZarStocher said:
    It hurts me that this game is not enjoyable anymore, because hunters either decide to kill in the first two minutes or to completely waste time by slugging every scavenger.

Is this talking about whether or not the Hunter chooses to Recycle you or not (when the option to Execute is available)?

edited October 24

It also occurs to me that maybe you're just rusty after a month off. Personally I always suck for my first few games of each session. I need to get warmed up! =)

• ZarStocherZarStocher Member

Well Goat, nice to see you here, too :D
    I already replied to your post on Reddit, so I won't go into detail here. But thanks again for your advice, I might also have had a bad day yesterday.

• ZarStocherZarStocher Member

@goat2019 said:

@ZarStocher said:
    It hurts me that this game is not enjoyable anymore, because hunters either decide to kill in the first two minutes or to completely waste time by slugging every scavenger.

Is this talking about whether or not the Hunter chooses to Recycle you or not (when the option to Execute is available)?

The recycle mechanic plays a role in here, yes. Reading my words now makes me realise that I was ranting about my experience yesterday, which was not that great. I'll give it a try later, hopefully it will be better