Tutorial Mode

I think we need a playable tutorial mode.

I played a noob hunter yesterday & I decided to be nice & let them down me as they were struggling & I figured it was probably their first match. But then they seemed oblivious of the recycle/execution mechanic. They got there in the end but it took a while.

I get that a lot of people have managed without a tutorial (myself included) but I really think it would help welcome new players to the game. I'm thinking a specific step by step playable guide. Like "Shoot the scavenger. Now Recycle the scavenger".

A basic game tutorial could include:

• Game objectives.
  • A full map tour.
  • How Harvest Your Exit works.
  • How blood mode works.
  • How recycling/execution works.

You could then have playable role specific tutorials

Hunter playable tutorial could include:

• Movement tutorial including Supercharge jumping across the map.
  • Crate overview including the golden crate.
  • Shock tutorial.
  • Shooting the different guns.
  • Using mines/turrets etc.
  • How to hunt tutorial. I.E. How drones work, revealed scavengers, blood posts, delivery warnings etc.
  • A specific playable recycle/execution tutorial.
  • A recommendation to do the Scavenger tutorial for more info about Scavengers.

Scavenger playable tutorial could include:

• Movement tutorial.
  • Crate overview including the golden crate.
  • Get them to collect & deliver blood.
  • Vambrace tutorial including marking things & destroying drones/mines & turrets.
  • A playable demonstration of the different scavenger vambrace powers including pointing out they can be used on team mates.
  • How to avoid being spotted/getting revealed etc including hacked crates.
  • A recommendation to do the Hunter tutorial for more info about Hunters.
  • Have I missed anything? If you've got any changes/improvements, please comment.

Comments

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭
    edited October 20

Well, I hope someday the Devs could add it again, improved and more complete. I talked about this since the game was rebooted. I didn't like when they removed the tutorial on the reboot.

• goat2019goat2019 Member ✭✭

@EliPer said:
    Well, I hope someday the Devs could add it again, improved and more complete. I talked about this since the game was rebooted. I didn't like when they removed the tutorial on the reboot.

I didn't see the old tutorial. I've only been playing since the reboot. Hopefully they can do one again then. :)

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

100%.

Sometimes I forget that most people aren't as obsessive about researching a game as me. I'm the type of player that looks up all of a games mechanics and some high level strategies before I've even bought the game, but those who don't do that will need an in-game tutorial.