If Fortnite thinks it needs bots, does Deathgarden?
So I don't play Fortnite but I read recently that they're adding bots to help ease new players into the game. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49807062.
"For a while now, the game has been wrestling with the problem of making sure new players aren't completely overwhelmed"
Sounds like a familiar problem for Deathgarden too if you ask me. Or any competitive game for that matter.
So would bots be good for Deathgarden? I think they might be.
Bots of different skill levels could be used so everyone could benefit. Noobs would be pitted against low level bots while experienced players would be up against some scary ass super bots. I'm not even sure if you'd need to make it obvious that they were bots. I wouldn't mind if they were just given a random player name myself. Or if people prefer, they are labelled as bots. Whatever.
**It would allow:
- Proper matchmaking.
- Shorter queue times.
- An easier/more fun experience for new players which would lead to a larger player pool of actual players long term.
- A more fun game against tough AI opponets for experienced players when there's no one of a similar skill level online.**
**Here's how I visualise it working:
- Every player is ranked in some way.
- They queue for a match.
- Any players of a roughly similar rank will be queued into the same game.
- After 1 minute if there aren't enough players of that rank to fill the match, the rest of the slots are filled by bots of an appropriate skill level.
- A fair fun match ensues. :-)**
What do you think?