Pre made groups with multiple healers/ shields are OP & make the game un-fun.

Is Deathgarden supposed to be a game where the Hunter stands there in front of a group of Scavs emptying all their ammo into them while they shield/heal/revive each other into invulnerability? Because at the moment this is what we have & it wasn't always like this.

Sure I can still kill a couple of them occassionally if I'm lucky, but is it fun gameplay? No.

I believe this is the number one fun-killer from a Hunter players point of view (and yes I play as a Scav too). When I run into pre-mades running this set-up it just sucks the fun out of the game for me & I'm not alone.

Possible Solutions:
* It needs to be limited to a maximum of one scav with Heal & one scav with Shield per match (my preferred option).

• A heal bolt transfers health from the Healer to the healed/revived player (the Healer loses the equivilant health).
  • Scavs can only carry one heal/shield bolt at a time.
  • Heal bolts can only hit one Scav at a time.
  • Hunter weapons all get bigger clips & more max ammo.
  • Ammo crates give Hunters more ammo.
  • All Hunter weapons get a damage buff.
  • Scavs selecting Heal bolt or Shield bolt have a max health penalty.
  • All Hunters can get a perk "poisoned ammo" that means the scav cannot be revived.

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

My solution: Reduce the speed at which a heal heals someone and add a short buffer after a shield is destroyed before another can be applied. Trying will instead apply the shield after the buffer.

• goat2019goat2019 Member ✭✭

@NuclearBurrito said:
    My solution: Reduce the speed at which a heal heals someone and add a short buffer after a shield is destroyed before another can be applied. Trying will instead apply the shield after the buffer.

Yeah, that might work.

• seir_seir_ Member

@NuclearBurrito said:

Perhaps add a delay (2s?) to the healing/reviving/shielding effect so scavengers have to plan ahead.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭
    edited October 14

My solution: copy Rainbow Six Siege system.

Create various characters and you can not repeat choosed characters.

Do the same for hunters and scavengers.

You must pick up the character when the match starts, and it will be used only for who choose first

• 261_VipeR261_VipeR Member

Even though I'm kind of new to the game itself with only 15 hours on the bank (but 2k hours (mostly as Killer) in DBD with similar basic mechanics), I must admit that (after playing 10 Hours Hunter) this thread is more than valid. The Devs should take a look at game mechanic abusing strategies.

Healing itself isn't what I want to criticize; I want to give criticism to the fact that you can permanently revive a downed scavenger without leaving the hunter the chance of executing or recycling anyone. If you face experienced Scavengers in pre-made groups the Hunter stands absolutely no chance.

I've had so many games in which I couldn't even recycle a single Scavenger just because they instantly revive their teammate after downing. And it's not because I didn't down them often enough. Besides the fact, that they permanently healed themselves while chasing I managed to down them 15-20 times. There were different scenarios:
    a) The corpse flew millions of meters away, so I couldn't even find it on maps with plenty of bushes - they got revived in less than 5 seconds.
    b) I stood right above the corpse; but the killer has a slight delay in which he can press either "Q" or "E", so the downed scavenger got revived before even getting the chance of pressing either of those buttons.
    c) I gave up the chase after 1 or 2 minutes.

Note: I'm good at aiming, so please don't take this comment as a complaint of a bad Hunter. I want just like you to make the game better and more attractive to new and worse players. It honestly can't be enjoyable when even a decent hunter can't get a single recycle!!

I don't want to restrict the scavengers and neither their abilities. I don't think adding more ammo and damage to the hunters solves the problem, neither does nerfing scavenger abilities. Because the healing perk itself is like all abilities pretty balanced. The only thing I can agree with is this post:

@NuclearBurrito said:

I guess we can solve this pre-made reviving - problem in different, but similar ways:
    a) Adding a counter for every scavenger - only one revive per game per scavenger
    b) Adding a slight delay after being downed, so the hunter is in theory able to select between execution or recycling if he found the corpse in time and/or stands right above it
    c) Change the area effect to only on-hit-revival
    d) The assisting scavenger needs to have a certain distance between himself and the wounded mate [artificial delay because of projectile speed]

Let me know what you think!