Golden Totem (GC replacement)

NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭
edited October 14 in General Discussion

This replaces the Golden Crate

In the center of the map (or in the general area of the center anyways) there is a gold totem. It looks a bit like a larger blood post (not to be confused with a needle). This counts as an objective and thus it is highlighted to the Hunter and nearby Scavangers.

Both the Survivors and the Hunter can interact with the GT.

The Hunter may spend 4 power cores for a full map ICU (8 cores in 2v10). It'd do a reveal wave much like at blood mode and reveal them for 5 seconds.

The Scavangers may deposit a total of 20 blood to get the current GC effect (30 in 2v10). This delivery works like a needle.

The GT is deactivated for 1 minute after it gets used in any way. The Scanagers may also destroy the GT to disable it for 15 seconds like they can with a Drone. During the first minute of the game the GT starts disabled.

Blood delivered is not removed when the GT is disabled.

Comments

• Additionally. While this idea doesn't require it I'd like the scav GC effect to depend on the number of scavs.

Specifically the duration would be 60/(# of Scavs alive) in 1v5 and 120/(# of Scavs alive) in 2v10.

• goat2019goat2019 Member ✭✭

When does a Hunter ever run around carrying 6 spare cores? Lol. =) i think I prefer the Golden crate tbh.

• Any time they aren't drone spamming. Which is more likely cuz they have an alternative with this

Just saying, when I play as Scav, I often have 10 blood on me. When I play as Hunter I have never had 6 cores on me. Some matches I might not even pick up 6 cores in total.
    Also the Hunter only gets a 3 second reveal? Not worth it. It'd have to be a 30 second reveal at least
    I think this idea would just give Scavs unlimited vambrace powers for the whole match. It would just be Fog and Clones everywhere. Funny to see once but basically a complete mess.

• It can't give them unlimited even if they had the blood because of the 1 minute cooldown. It would be 12 seconds per minute while there are 5 alive.

But I can tweak the costs a bit if it helps.

• 4 cores and 15 blood or 8 and 20 blood.

• Also changed the Hunter GT reveal time to 5 seconds

You'll get me on board if when the Hunter triggers it, it sends a shockwave out that downs all Scavs on the map a ragdolls them. It'd be hilarious. And possibly worth 6 cores. ;)

• Your objection was about the numbers. Doesn't changing the numbers fix the problem?

If not why?

Honestly, I just think the Golden crate is fine as it is. Maybe let Scavs see it from slightly further away perhaps. The golden crate is very powerful and can only be triggered once per match where as your idea is very powerful and can be triggered every couple of minutes which would significantly alter the way the game plays and make it all about the Golden Post. No disrespect mate. I like hearing your ideas on the game. I just don't agree with this one. :)

• @goat2019 said:
    Honestly, I just think the Golden crate is fine as it is. Maybe let Scavs see it from slightly further away perhaps. The golden crate is very powerful and can only be triggered once per match where as your idea is very powerful and can be triggered every couple of minutes which would significantly alter the way the game plays and make it all about the Golden Post. No disrespect mate. I like hearing your ideas on the game. I just don't agree with this one. :)

The GC was made when the runners could contest an objective.

When it spawned the Hunter would go for it and the Runners would go for it as well and try and stop him from taking it.

Now the Scavangers don't have a way to stop the Hunter from taking the crate. So scavs getting it just comes down to being lucky or the Hunter just not going for it. The effect is strong but is it really earned? More importantly it doesn't really play into the rest of the game very well. If it was removed tomorrow it wouldn't be a big deal and some players wouldn't even notice, that's because the GC doesn't play into the games strategy or gameplay loop.

Having it be a secondary objective that is always available, has a cost that could otherwise be spent on other things, and mechanics that play into the new Scav vs Hunter dynamics better leads to a more cohesive mechanic.

More importantly it's one that solves problems with the game and HYE in particular.

If you are a good Scavanger team then you will often get 2 gates open and then the 3rd is being camped. Even if the mechanic that blocks delivering on the post where the Hunter is was removed their presence still makes it nearly impossible to make the final push.

Having this mechanic now means that the scavs can take the GT buff in order to make the push for the final exit, thus the Hunter needs to be able to contest both objectives which means they aren't camping.

If you are a good Hunter then you will often execute 3-4 Scavangers well before bloodmode starts. At this point Scavangers often will just give up and draw out the game, possibly they will camp an exit gate that was opened beforehand if there is one. This way Hunter can activate the GT to keep momentum going preventing the game from stalling out.

If you are a Scavanger and you are losing you can take the GT as a hail marry to try and tank the Hunter for a bit when trying to push an exit gate as a lone Scav or 1 of 2.

If you are a Hunter and you are losing then you can activate the GT to at least make sure you aren't running around in circles without accomplishing anything.

If the Hunter and Scavanger are roughly equally skilled then they can both contest the GT fairly well if one side attempts to take it thus making it relatively low impact, likely only being activated once, maybe twice rather than constantly like you are worried about.

• Think of it like Barron buff in League.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

I agree with Goat, actually GC is fine. I think that it shouldn't change. Golden crate is only a bonus event that occurs when last 5 minutes. This is good.