Feedback Patch [0.1.8]

MiraakMiraak Member, Moderator mod
edited October 3 in General Discussion

Hello!

Do you have any Feedback for the Devs?

Now you can send us your Feedback under this thread. This method is easier for the Devs to read all the Feedback from the Community. Please use this thread only for your feedback about the latest Patch 0.1.8! Thanks!

We thank all players for their Feedback!

Comments

• Love the way you implemented the Vet change, in that you straight up replace the animation instead of just having a non-damaging shock.

I don't really like the hit registration SFX though. It's a bit too in your face, maybe tone it down a bit?

I also don't like the new announcer for Executions and Recycles.

Otherwise the patch is great.

• firstrecon5firstrecon5 Member
    edited September 22

I've sectioned the feedback like so
    ---"SECTION NAME"---
    (minus the quotations)

---GENERAL---

-Consider adding in 'teachable' perks which can be used by any character once unlocked; this thread has more details about them https://forum.deathgardengame.com/discussion/1903/prestige-rework#latest

-Give Scavengers a button that looks 180 degrees behind them, but they still run forward and can turn (via mouse left-right) (they can shoot behind them, but only directly, camera angle determines height of the shot)
    --This will help with people figuring out if the chase is still going, I've seen lots of newer players die because they didn't know the hunter lost them, so they kept running and got spotted again
    --You can give little animations where Scavengers turn their head so they can look behind

-Give Scavengers a button to shoot their vambrace directly down

-When the Hunter enters the delivery area of a Blood Bank, make the green aoe indicator turn red
    --Not a big change, and it doesn't really help or anything since the scavenger would see they stopped turning in blood, but it would look nicer
    --In HYE mode make the aoe indicator disappear when the needle is filled

-Reduce base damage or damage scaling on Snakebite, it currently does too much damage at max rank

-The death scream (and other screams) for one of the Scavengers (Dash) is too loud, it can be heard clearly from across the garden (might be a bug, but if not, I think it's too loud compared to other Scavengers)

-On locations where 3 Hexes meet, and 2 Hexes are slightly higher than the 3rd, and they have the short stairway/ramp going up them, have the ramp go to the edge. Currently there's a small section right at the joint where scavengers can get stuck because they won't climb it, and it can't be run up

-Once you've escaped the garden during bloodmode, show the ranks of ALL players, not just the ones that have [left the garden]
    --At death still behave normally, so SWF groups that have one person die can't go "oh ya, he's octo, just cliff yourself so we can reque together"
    --(hunter rank is currently only visible to Scavengers if the Hunter leaves the match while you are still there, pretty sure this is unintended and it's supposed to show when you escape, but just making sure)

-If you're sliding and shoot your vambrace (regular or power), some Scavengers will freak out a little, like they go to stand up to shoot, but fire before they stand up all the way so they go back down to continue the slide.
    --Happens with Switch and Sawbones

-If both a downed player and a health crate are within interact range, while you are less hp than full, please prioritize the health crate
    -If you are at full HP (and so cannot collect the health crate) prioritize the downed Scavenger

A lot of people dislike how healthbars can be used to track scavengers through smoke or camo, here's a few alternatives
    -Health of the last hit Scavenger is displayed on/above/around the crosshairs
    -When you damage a Scavenger, you get a hit marker (like Call of Duty) made of 3 ticks. The color represents if they have/haven't been recycled, and as their health drops, less ticks appear (1 tick per bar)

---NEW PERK AND POWER IDEAS---

New Vambrace Power Concept: Flashbang
    -Creates one large explosion followed by several smaller ones at the impact spot
    -The large explosion would be about equal to the explosion that happens when an inactive drone is disabled (bright lights, loud noise, bit of smoke)
    -The smaller explosions follow after the large one, they would be like chinese firecrackers
    -The number of smaller explosions scales with the level
    --The Idea behind this power is from my personal experience; when playing Switch with clones, sometimes I'm put into a situation where there's no terrain nearby for me to break line of sight so I can swap with a clone. I've learnt that if you go right next to a drone on the ground and explode it, the explosion is often enough to break line of sight and escape.

New Scavenger Perk Concept: Identity Interference
    -Increases the delay before constructs react to you by a % value
    --Example: landmines you trigger take 50% longer to explode after triggering, Turrets take 50% longer to start shooting you
    --Couldn't add on a flat value, because adding 1.5 second delay might be reasonable for turrets but would make mines useless

New Scavenger Unique Bonus Concept: Caltrops
    -Triggers if your vambrace power hits something within the garden (ie: not the spawn room or out of bounds)
    -Your vambrace power will remain on the ground as a spherical AoE, if anyone enters the AoE, it will trigger
    -You can have a maximum of 3 Caltrops out, if you deploy another one, it will remove the oldest
    --Could also be a cool teachable if those get introduced

New Hunter Power Concept: Tripwire
    -Hunter deploys compact tripwire net 'towers' (they are small, about knee-height)
    -If 2 or more are within range, they will form connections (max 2 per tower)
    --(like the tripwire in The Culling, if you played it)
    -They remain in the compact form till a Scavenger passes between them (or VERY close), then they deploy nearly instantly (fast enough to catch a non-speed boosted Scav)
    -They emit beams between them, if the Scavenger passes through the beams they are staggered and lose some stamina, (maybe take a small amount of damage)
    -They are taller than Scavenger jump height, so to jump over them the Scavenger would need to be on higher ground.
    -Once triggered, the towers remain in the deployed state permanently (or at least 20 seconds)
    -Leveling it up increases the amount of towers you can deploy
    --Placed in tunnels to deny escape routes, etc

New Hunter Power Concept: 'Bubbleshield'
    -Deployable (or centered on the Hunter, but I like deployable better)
    -Behaves much like the bubble shield from Halo
    -Scavengers/clones can freely move through it
    -Hunter attacks and powers pass through it
    -Vambrace powers cannot pass through it in either direction
    -Regular bolts that pass through it deal 50% damage
    -Deployable takes 3 regular bolts (full damage) to destroy
    --Used to deny long-range support during chases

---CLONE REWORK---

I agree with several other threads about clones needing a buff or a rework. They function, but are just not as good as other powers and don't live up to their potential.
    Part of why clones suffer is because it's fairly obvious how clones function right now
    -Move [random distance] forward
    -After moving that distance, or hitting an object, turn [random amount] [left or right]
    -repeat
    -occasionally jump or roll
    -[die after 1 shock, or taking really I think any amount of damage]

-When clones enter (or are spawned in) the drone aoe, have them sound the klaxon/siren/alarm (the loud noise that lets the hunter know someone has been spotted)

-Give them a no-go zone in the immediate ~5m range around the original/other scavengers (if the original is stationary/crouched), so they don't bring the hunter back to the original (it happens)
    --Have them turn away as if they had hit a solid object
    --It's important that it's only there if the original is stationary/crouched (ie: hiding), so that way if the original is being chased it's possible for the clone to come back near them and the hunter chases the wrong one

-During spawn, they are immune to shock (possibly all destruction) (if the clone has not fully formed yet, don't destroy it. Too many clones have been lost because the bolt was fired right as the hunter shocked)
    --If immune to all damage, it'd be okay if attacks passed through them during creation, to prevent the possiblity of using them as bulletproof shields during creation
    -Shock does not instantly dissolve them, it will dissolve them over ~1.5 seconds
    -Give clones a hidden 'health' bar (~30-40hp) and a visible healthbar (equal to the hp of the original at the time of cloning). When the hidden healthbar is empty, the clone dissolves
    --It's important this isn't enough to tank hits, just enough for the hunter to waste a few extra moments shooting them so the scavenger has time to evade
    --Sometimes you can trick the hunter into targeting a clone, but they've already killed it in one shot and turned back to you before you had a chance to get to cover
    --Certain things still dissolve in 1 hit, or do increased damage
    -Turrets: x2 damage
    -Mines: Dissolve in 1 hit immediately (like right now)
    -Shock: Dissolve in 1 hit after a short delay
    -Orbital Strike: x2 damage
    -This is to prevent scavengers from using clones to tank through these things (more than they are already capable)

Giving them actual pathfinding in a procedurally generated environment like the garden would be difficult but certainly go a long way towards making them more convincing
    -Give them 3 movement modes
    --Eyecatch
    --Chase
    --Diversion
    -During Eyecatch mode they just move around, trying to get spotted (much like right now)
    -During Chase mode, their movement becomes more erratic (more evades, serpentine movement, etc) as they try to avoid attacks (Chase phase is when 'chase' music would trigger if they were a player)
    -Diversion mode is when the original is being chased but the clone is not, the clone will move on an intercept so they pass eachother (emphasis on pass, they don't run in formation), hopefully when that happens, the original is able to pull a switcheroo and get the hunter to chase the clone

edited September 22

---DRONE REWORK---

A lot of people are complaing about drones in their current state, I think adding in new types of drones would solve a lot, if not all, of the problems.
    More drone types (of varying effectiveness) means less of any one type, means less of the current drone (a big issue that people have right now is just the sheer volume of the current drones the hunter can deploy)
    Imagine the Hunter has deployed all of the drones on the map, scavengers wouldn't really enjoy it since they can't move from their safe spots. Now imagine if there were other types of drones, like what I have listed below and in previous posts, so that there were only 4, maybe 5, of these current drones deployed.
    New drone types would also add thought to the Hunter gameplay, do they deploy the very effective drone that's not really near anything, or the less effective drone that's close to an objective?

I've come up with some more ideas for varied drones in addition to the ones I came up with previously in https://forum.deathgardengame.com/discussion/comment/2797#Comment_2797.
    New Drone idea 1: water-walker
    -Large aoe (several hexes wide)
    -Causes Scavengers to leave red ripples on the ground when moving, like the surfaces are reacting to the force they exert on it
    -Different movements leave ripples of different intensities and duration (scaling with the force they exerted on the surface)
    [movement] intensity | duration
    crouch walk 1 | 1
    Beginning to run 2 | 2
    Running 3 | 3
    Rolling 4 | 4
    Sliding 1 | 3
    Climbing 3 | 4
    Jumping 4 | 4
    *Landing 5 | 5
    *max landing value, landing scales with distance you fell. So if you jump up the lip of something it leaves very little, but if you land after jumping off a water tower it leaves a lot.

The numbers are not in any real measurement, more like multiples (ripples left by running are 3x as bright and lasts 3x as long as ripples left by crouchwalking)

For example of where I think they should be, with crouchwalking lasting .25 seconds, they would last
    crouch walk: .25 seconds
    Running: .75 seconds
    Rolling: 1 second
    Sliding: .75 seconds
    Climbing: 1 second
    Jumping: 1 second
    Landing: 1.25 seconds

Intesity is 2-fold:
    1) How bright the ripples are
    2) How large the ripples are

Crouchwalking will be a dull sort of muted red, and will be barely bigger than the shoes of the Scavenger causing them. They will be barely noticable, but for those hunters who are blind enough to not spot someone crouchwalking in their line of sight, the extra color might help.
    Landing will be a very vibrant bright red and spread out [diameter about as far as default interact distance]

New Drone idea 2: 'Mine'layer
    -Moves around its zone dropping 'mines' (or it's stationary and the 'mines' just appear one at a time inside the zone)
    -Mines behave/look like Caltrops did (back when those were a thing) (colored spheres, look like the aoe of a vambrace power, activate when a Scavenger enters them)
    -Scavengers that touch one of the 'mines' will be marked for [same amount of time as hacked crates]
    -There's a cap on how many 'mines' can be active at once, each mine lasts a certain amount of time, then it despawns and another will be deployed (after a short delay, showing where it will be deployed) (deployed at a random location, not necessarily the same spot)
    -If the 'Mine'layer was mobile, it could also function map-wide (moving around dropping them at random points over the entire arena)

New Drone idea 3: Turret
    -In the concept art booklet, we're shown an objetive-green colored large turret, this could be like that (assuming there isn't a plan to add in a mode using that turret)
    -It's a turret, like the Inquisitor depoys, but physically larger, and possibly not as effective (set range, doesn't level up)
    -Shoots in bursts, with a (sizable) delay between bursts
    -Does not have pinpoint accuracy on the first shot, has substantial recoil so it's unlikely to hit the remaining shots
    -Hitting it in different locations does different damage (hitting the armored base does less damage than hitting the 'arm' that holds the gun)
    -When disabled, stays down for ~25 seconds
    -(possibly) If it's disabled, you can approach it and interact to 'sabotage' the repairs, which will extend the time it's down by 15 seconds (can only be done once per disable)

New Drone Idea 4: Minelayer
    -Deploys mines like the Poacher landmines in the 'zone'
    --These mines take longer to build, but once they are built, are identical to the Poacher ones
    -There's a max count (~4), after it reaches the max count one mine will dissappear every ~20 seconds, then a new one will be deployed at a random location inside the zone
    -If there are less than the max (because it initially powered on, or some were destroyed/detonated), then it will place a new one with ~5 seconds delay in between completion of the previous mine
    -When a mine is detonated/destroyed, there's an initial 10 second delay before it begins placing more

New Drone Idea 5: Hex lighter
    -Once deployed it goes onto a timer
    -Every [x] amount of time, it flashes a light on/above the hex closest to each player
    -If multiple people are on a given hex, it will still only light once
    -It also lights on hexes where clones are located
    -The hex the hunter is on will not flash, even if there is a Scavenger there

One of the things I've seen people saying is that they wouldn't mind the drone spam if there was a way to keep them permanently down (so the Hunter has to re-power them). This suggestion is a way to achieve that.
    -When you disable a Drone using a Power bolt it will descend to the ground, where Scavengers can interact with it to break/remove/damage/drain the power core so the Hunter has to replace it.
    -It's still disabled for the standard duration, it just descends to the ground instead of staying in the air
    -Alternatively, give them a small percent chance to do it whenever they break
    This woulnd't be necessary if there were more drone types. The problem is a combination of 2 things:
    1) How many drones are there in the garden
    2) How effective are they

If more drone types with varying levels of effectiveness were introduced, with the garden randomly picking which type of drone to place at each spawn point, it would significantly improve things.
    Players would no longer look out and sigh as they see an entire wall of red. Instead they would see a varied field of different drones, each with their own drawbacks and strengths
    I imagine it playing out like this
    -Garden determines placement for each drone
    -Garden determines which drones are what type, with restrictions, example follows, I assume 20 drones total
    --[3-6] Current drones; are more likely to spawn on the same hex as blood banks
    --[1-1] Manually activated pulse generator; less likely to spawn in center of the garden
    --[0-4] laser sweeping drones; are more likely to spawn in open areas (like over the river)
    --[0-4] Patrolling drones; are more likely to spawn in areas with lots of trees
    --[0-2] Hive drone; equal spawning chance everywhere, will not spawn within several hexes of another Hive drone (if 2 spawn)
    --[0-5] Sweeping Camera Drones; Less likely to spawn in areas with large amounts of structures (if it looks like First Strike, too much for this drone)
    --[0-2] Water-Walker; Equal chance everywhere, less likely to spawn within the AoE of another Water-Walker
    --[0-1] Hex Lighter; equal chance everywhere
    --[0-3] 'mine'layer; more likely to spawn in areas with lots of bushes
    --[0-2] Turret; Less likely to spawn in areas with large amounts of structures (if the hex looks like it belongs in First Strike, the turret doesn't wanna be there), less likely to spawn in very open areas (river)
    --[0-2] Minelayer; less likely to spawn in open areas (like the river)

---Golden Crate Rework---

Players can choose which bonus they want from the Golden Crate, then when they collect it, that bonus is the one given. This gives players more control over it and could lead to people wanting the golden crate more.
    "I don't care about [default bonus] but if it was [my bonus] I definitely want it!"

Selected in loadout, along with perks.

When the Golden Crate is collected, everyone on the team gets the bonus that the person who collected it has selected in their loadout.

Here are some new bonuses I came up with.

Scavengers:
    1) Infinite Power and Regular bolts [default]
    2) Blood piles refill faster, Scavengers collect and turn in blood faster
    3) Stamina regens faster and they get a speed boost
    4) Immunity to marking
    5) All drones are disabled for the duration
    6) Hunter Powers/Constructs are disabled for the duration

Hunters:
    1) Infinite Ammo and Stamina [default]
    2) All blood piles are emptied and take longer to refill
    3) Turning in blood marks Scavengers for several seconds
    4) Scavengers farther than 75m will be marked (long distance, long enough that only the snipers can damage)
    5) Power recharges faster
    6) All crates are hacked for the duration (once it ends, they stop being hacked)

• @firstrecon5 said:
    I've sectioned the feedback like so
    ---"SECTION NAME"---
    (minus the quotations)

---GENERAL---

-Consider adding in 'teachable' perks which can be used by any character once unlocked; this thread has more details about them https://forum.deathgardengame.com/discussion/1903/prestige-rework#latest

-Give Scavengers a button that looks 180 degrees behind them, but they still run forward and can turn (via mouse left-right) (they can shoot behind them, but only directly, camera angle determines height of the shot)
    --This will help with people figuring out if the chase is still going, I've seen lots of newer players die because they didn't know the hunter lost them, so they kept running and got spotted again
    --You can give little animations where Scavengers turn their head so they can look behind

-Give Scavengers a button to shoot their vambrace directly down

-When the Hunter enters the delivery area of a Blood Bank, make the green aoe indicator turn red
    --Not a big change, and it doesn't really help or anything since the scavenger would see they stopped turning in blood, but it would look nicer
    --In HYE mode make the aoe indicator disappear when the needle is filled

-Reduce base damage or damage scaling on Snakebite, it currently does too much damage at max rank

-The death scream (and other screams) for one of the Scavengers (Dash) is too loud, it can be heard clearly from across the garden (might be a bug, but if not, I think it's too loud compared to other Scavengers)

-On locations where 3 Hexes meet, and 2 Hexes are slightly higher than the 3rd, and they have the short stairway/ramp going up them, have the ramp go to the edge. Currently there's a small section right at the joint where scavengers can get stuck because they won't climb it, and it can't be run up

-Once you've escaped the garden during bloodmode, show the ranks of ALL players, not just the ones that have [left the garden]
    --At death still behave normally, so SWF groups that have one person die can't go "oh ya, he's octo, just cliff yourself so we can reque together"
    --(hunter rank is currently only visible to Scavengers if the Hunter leaves the match while you are still there, pretty sure this is unintended and it's supposed to show when you escape, but just making sure)

-If you're sliding and shoot your vambrace (regular or power), some Scavengers will freak out a little, like they go to stand up to shoot, but fire before they stand up all the way so they go back down to continue the slide.
    --Happens with Switch and Sawbones

-If both a downed player and a health crate are within interact range, while you are less hp than full, please prioritize the health crate
    -If you are at full HP (and so cannot collect the health crate) prioritize the downed Scavenger

A lot of people dislike how healthbars can be used to track scavengers through smoke or camo, here's a few alternatives
    -Health of the last hit Scavenger is displayed on/above/around the crosshairs
    -When you damage a Scavenger, you get a hit marker (like Call of Duty) made of 3 ticks. The color represents if they have/haven't been recycled, and as their health drops, less ticks appear (1 tick per bar)

---NEW PERK AND POWER IDEAS---

New Vambrace Power Concept: Flashbang
    -Creates one large explosion followed by several smaller ones at the impact spot
    -The large explosion would be about equal to the explosion that happens when an inactive drone is disabled (bright lights, loud noise, bit of smoke)
    -The smaller explosions follow after the large one, they would be like chinese firecrackers
    -The number of smaller explosions scales with the level
    --The Idea behind this power is from my personal experience; when playing Switch with clones, sometimes I'm put into a situation where there's no terrain nearby for me to break line of sight so I can swap with a clone. I've learnt that if you go right next to a drone on the ground and explode it, the explosion is often enough to break line of sight and escape.

New Scavenger Perk Concept: Identity Interference
    -Increases the delay before constructs react to you by a % value
    --Example: landmines you trigger take 50% longer to explode after triggering, Turrets take 50% longer to start shooting you
    --Couldn't add on a flat value, because adding 1.5 second delay might be reasonable for turrets but would make mines useless

New Scavenger Unique Bonus Concept: Caltrops
    -Triggers if your vambrace power hits something within the garden (ie: not the spawn room or out of bounds)
    -Your vambrace power will remain on the ground as a spherical AoE, if anyone enters the AoE, it will trigger
    -You can have a maximum of 3 Caltrops out, if you deploy another one, it will remove the oldest
    --Could also be a cool teachable if those get introduced

New Hunter Power Concept: Tripwire
    -Hunter deploys compact tripwire net 'towers' (they are small, about knee-height)
    -If 2 or more are within range, they will form connections (max 2 per tower)
    --(like the tripwire in The Culling, if you played it)
    -They remain in the compact form till a Scavenger passes between them (or VERY close), then they deploy nearly instantly (fast enough to catch a non-speed boosted Scav)
    -They emit beams between them, if the Scavenger passes through the beams they are staggered and lose some stamina, (maybe take a small amount of damage)
    -They are taller than Scavenger jump height, so to jump over them the Scavenger would need to be on higher ground.
    -Once triggered, the towers remain in the deployed state permanently (or at least 20 seconds)
    -Leveling it up increases the amount of towers you can deploy
    --Placed in tunnels to deny escape routes, etc

New Hunter Power Concept: 'Bubbleshield'
    -Deployable (or centered on the Hunter, but I like deployable better)
    -Behaves much like the bubble shield from Halo
    -Scavengers/clones can freely move through it
    -Hunter attacks and powers pass through it
    -Vambrace powers cannot pass through it in either direction
    -Regular bolts that pass through it deal 50% damage
    -Deployable takes 3 regular bolts (full damage) to destroy
    --Used to deny long-range support during chases

---CLONE REWORK---

I agree with several other threads about clones needing a buff or a rework. They function, but are just not as good as other powers and don't live up to their potential.
    Part of why clones suffer is because it's fairly obvious how clones function right now
    -Move [random distance] forward
    -After moving that distance, or hitting an object, turn [random amount] [left or right]
    -repeat
    -occasionally jump or roll
    -[die after 1 shock, or taking really I think any amount of damage]

-When clones enter (or are spawned in) the drone aoe, have them sound the klaxon/siren/alarm (the loud noise that lets the hunter know someone has been spotted)

-Give them a no-go zone in the immediate ~5m range around the original/other scavengers (if the original is stationary/crouched), so they don't bring the hunter back to the original (it happens)
    --Have them turn away as if they had hit a solid object
    --It's important that it's only there if the original is stationary/crouched (ie: hiding), so that way if the original is being chased it's possible for the clone to come back near them and the hunter chases the wrong one

-During spawn, they are immune to shock (possibly all destruction) (if the clone has not fully formed yet, don't destroy it. Too many clones have been lost because the bolt was fired right as the hunter shocked)
    --If immune to all damage, it'd be okay if attacks passed through them during creation, to prevent the possiblity of using them as bulletproof shields during creation
    -Shock does not instantly dissolve them, it will dissolve them over ~1.5 seconds
    -Give clones a hidden 'health' bar (~30-40hp) and a visible healthbar (equal to the hp of the original at the time of cloning). When the hidden healthbar is empty, the clone dissolves
    --It's important this isn't enough to tank hits, just enough for the hunter to waste a few extra moments shooting them so the scavenger has time to evade
    --Sometimes you can trick the hunter into targeting a clone, but they've already killed it in one shot and turned back to you before you had a chance to get to cover
    --Certain things still dissolve in 1 hit, or do increased damage
    -Turrets: x2 damage
    -Mines: Dissolve in 1 hit immediately (like right now)
    -Shock: Dissolve in 1 hit after a short delay
    -Orbital Strike: x2 damage
    -This is to prevent scavengers from using clones to tank through these things (more than they are already capable)

Giving them actual pathfinding in a procedurally generated environment like the garden would be difficult but certainly go a long way towards making them more convincing
    -Give them 3 movement modes
    --Eyecatch
    --Chase
    --Diversion
    -During Eyecatch mode they just move around, trying to get spotted (much like right now)
    -During Chase mode, their movement becomes more erratic (more evades, serpentine movement, etc) as they try to avoid attacks (Chase phase is when 'chase' music would trigger if they were a player)
    -Diversion mode is when the original is being chased but the clone is not, the clone will move on an intercept so they pass eachother (emphasis on pass, they don't run in formation), hopefully when that happens, the original is able to pull a switcheroo and get the hunter to chase the clone

I'd just have the Clone's HP be 60 (with the bar being the targets like you said).

Mines already do more than that and shock does 60 as well.

Orbital strike can't be blocked by a clone anyways because it doesn't

edited September 22

@NuclearBurrito said:

Mines do damage based on distance from the center, if they're at the edge it doesn't do 60. I said to have them destroy clones instantly instead of after a delay or based on health because if it did either of those, it would be possible to have 1 clone walk through multiple mine aoes and trigger them all. (clone runs through the edge, take some damage but not enough to kill the clone, so it keeps running and sets off some more mines).

Shock doesn't do 60 unless they've buffed it recently or you're playing against a Stalker with the bonus shock damage perk max.

I wasn't just talking about actually 'tanking' the hits as in blocking them, but as in having the clone survive the hits so they think it's really you (actual tanking is there too).

• @firstrecon5 said:

@NuclearBurrito said:

Mines do damage based on distance from the center, if they're at the edge it doesn't do 60. I said to have them destroy clones instantly instead of after a delay or based on health because if it did either of those, it would be possible to have 1 clone walk through multiple mine aoes and trigger them all. (clone runs through the edge, take some damage but not enough to kill the clone, so it keeps running and sets off some more mines).

Shock doesn't do 60 unless they've buffed it recently or you're playing against a Stalker with the bonus shock damage perk max.

I wasn't just talking about actually 'tanking' the hits as in blocking them, but as in having the clone survive the hits so they think it's really you (actual tanking is there too).

What's wrong with them Surviving a hit or 2? That just means they will do a better job distracting them, which should't be a problem.

Using them to actually BLOCK hits would be hard enough that if they succeed they've earned it too.

• Surviving a hit or two from mines means that it would be effective and practical for scavengers to use them to clear minefields (such as around the exit), since power bolt impact destroys at least 1 mine, then the clone runs through another (this is how it is currently), but they could potentially run through another few mines before they get low enough to die. That's no longer serving as a distraction tool.

This discussion has been closed.