Feedback for Patch 0.1.6

AsheruSwiftwindAsheruSwiftwind Member, Moderator mod
edited August 23 in General Discussion

Hello!

Do you have any Feedback for the Devs?

Now you can send us your Feedback under this thread. This method is easier for the Devs to read all the Feedback from the Community. Please use this thread only for your feedback about the latest Patch 0.1.6! Thanks!

We thank all players for their Feedback!

Comments

• skilledskillsskilledskills Member

The challenge to earn 'hunter close' xp kind of encourages bullying. I've had a few games where I was just sitting atop the hunter, who couldn't hit me, just to earn the xp. I felt kind of bad about it, and felt that it wasnt a very good impression to give a newer player.
    The scavengers not fearing/respecting you. The change I would propose would be to get hunter close x amount of times. Which would encourage people to encounter the hunter and then go back to doing the objectives.

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member ✭✭

@skilledskills said:
    The challenge to earn 'hunter close' xp kind of encourages bullying. I've had a few games where I was just sitting atop the hunter, who couldn't hit me, just to earn the xp. I felt kind of bad about it, and felt that it wasnt a very good impression to give a newer player.
    The scavengers not fearing/respecting you. The change I would propose would be to get hunter close x amount of times. Which would encourage people to encounter the hunter and then go back to doing the objectives.

Well, I'd say the issue is lack of experienced hunters which ends up with experienced Scavs versing inexperienced Hunters. This ends up with bullying the Hunter by Scavs. Whether it's to annoy them, for fun or for the xp.

You would stand no chance against an experienced Hunter. Trust me. Maybe it's a good idea to change the challenge that way, but it won't prevent bullying inexperienced Hunters by experienced Scavs.

Just your friendly Scavenger Main Nayeh.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

@Najemniczkas said:

@skilledskills said:

Well, I'd say the issue is lack of experienced hunters which ends up with experienced Scavs versing inexperienced Hunters. This ends up with bullying the Hunter by Scavs. Whether it's to annoy them, for fun or for the xp.

You would stand no chance against an experienced Hunter. Trust me. Maybe it's a good idea to change the challenge that way, but it won't prevent bullying inexperienced Hunters by experienced Scavs.

I know, this is really bad but is so funny to bully a rookie. But at the launch it will have a balancing matchmaking to separate rookies from experients players. But now with this low number of players there's no way to do this.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

When I'm Hunter, I always have mercy with Aspirants and low level players, but against Ajatar and low level hunters I think thats so fun to bullying them.

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member ✭✭

@EliPer said:
    When I'm Hunter, I always have mercy with Aspirants and low level players, but against Ajatar and low level hunters I think thats so fun to bullying them.

Can't disagree. It is funny and you get a lot of points for that. But looks at this from the other side: Ajatar that is facing bullying experienced Scavengers has a better chance to learn more. Well, they're learning the hard way, true, but it might pay off in the end for those Hunters.

Unless they decide to turn into drone spammers. That means they've learnt nothing and won't learn anything because of relying/focusing on drones.

Just your friendly Scavenger Main Nayeh.

• g_G_g_Gg_G_g_G Member
    edited August 11

Poacher LMG sound is way too loud and ear piercing compared to the rest of the game, please tone it down.
    Some kind of indicator that you're sprinting would be nice on hunter while in the air, it's hard to tell sometimes.

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member
    edited August 11

Feature request: A badge by our name or different font/color indicating to other players that we are legacy players.

• SkrunkenSkrunken Member

Switch

Been going through and maxing out all Scavs for the past few weeks, and Switch has been standing out the most to me as the one with the most lack of identity, especially now with the change to Dash's Code Optimization, essentially all that Switch can do, other Scavs do better, so i feel like she needs something to make her stand out and give her more of a sense of purpose.

Treasure Hunter and Sudden Insight

While these Perks are "ok", they cant even be compared to how strong some other Scav perks are.
    In my opinion you could turn Switch into a marking beast for the team.
    Both perks currently go up to 125 meters of crate vision after Gathering / Delivering Blood, bring that down to something like 30-40 meters, and make it so she actually marks things when gathering / delivering blood instead which would make her more usefull to the team and wouldnt be overpowered atleast in my opinion.

Toil Together

This perk essentially lost all value after Dash's Code Optimization was changed, its just an inferior version of that and doesnt even stack with it.
    In my opinion it could be changed into an Aura instead which increases Crate Interaction speed for everyone but yourself, that way it wouldnt go back to the old Dash problem, and you would have to put yourself in a questionable position to assist someone else, not sure how much it would increase the speed, i'll leave that up to you to decide.

Unique Trait: Lighten the Load

While the speed boost is nice, i feel like its abit short at 10 seconds, think it would be fine to make it 15 seconds, just alittle extra something.

--------------------------------------

Ghost

While not on the same level as Switch, i think Ghost also suffer abit from lack of identity, or that hes missing a few things to make him stand out in certain areas, for example his anti-hacked-crates-perks, you can get the same effect using a Scav with Shield, and his other Perks doesnt exactly make him stand out either.
    To me Ghost is meant to be this Sniper assisting the team from a relatively safe Distance, and i feel like him and Fog could stand to swap a few things around.

Unique Trait: Ghost's Full Start and Fog's Tear it Down

I feel like these 2 Traits can be swapped, seeing how Fog is the "new player" character, starting with more ammo helps everyone without the player having to do anything, and Experienced Fog players pretty much want to be revealed anyways so they wont shoot down Drones as much.
    And it would mean Ghost, who doesnt want to be revealed will expose himself less by using less ammo shooting down Drones.

Ghost's Rich get Richer and Fog's Shimmy

While i wouldnt use Shimmy personally, it just feels like it would make more sense to put it on a sneaky character like Ghost instead of Fog who for most part is more focused on Speed.

Firmware

Currently 14 seconds of Hacked Crate immunity after gathering blood, i think it would be fine to make it more in line with other simillar perks, making it 20-25 seconds so its less awkward to use effectively.

Zero Cool

Currently -60% reveal time from Hacked Crates, i think having Firmware and Zero Cool do essentially the same thing is abit dull.
    In my opinion it would be cool if you could turn Zero Cool into more of a "delayed reveal effect", not sure what to call it so let me explain what im thinking.
    It would let Ghost walk into a Drones field and not get revealed for a time, say 5 seconds at level 10, it would allow Ghost to remain mobile and conserve ammo and it could also be used to juke Hunters who might expect you to become revealed and juke out of the Drone field, but you can use it to your advantage and juke into a Drone field instead.

Sawbones

Probably the strongest Scavanger right now, she is just sooooo tanky compared to all the other Scavs.
    I was always under the impression that Inked was suposed to be the Tanky one but i'll leave that for another day.

Underfoot

Im touching the Hunter Shock issue later in this post, but if you are to nerf Hunter Shock you need to nerf Underfoot with it, bringing it down from -42% to something like -25-30%

Respawn

As the game is right now you often respawn in fields of Drones or even right next to the Hunter sometimes, imo you should turn it into more of a "Battlefield" style of respawn.
    When a Scav gets recycled they see a live overview of the whole map and a 15 sec timer starts, around the Garden theres all these "Spawn rooms" that are completely unused, make all of them into possible respawn spots that the Scav can freely pick from and give them 10-15 seconds to leave the Room before they get kicked so its not abused.
    If they dont pick anywhere to spawn before the time expires they are randomly spawned in one of the rooms.

Hunter Shock

While Stalker is an Extreme case, the Shock is overrall too powerfull as it is right now, i would either decrease the dmg by about 30-50% or make the cooldown 9 or 10 seconds so Hunters have to use it abit more wisely.
    Alternatively make the Shock require Stamina to be used.

Drones

Drones are suposed to help slow down the Scavs, but right now its abit too much.
    I would like to see the minimum distance between each drone to be increased abit so you dont get those times where 2-4 Drones can cover the Pillar, and slightly increase the time they are Disabled when shot down.
    Another potential change to Drones, rather than adjusting the spawn distance between drones, what if you change the "angle" of the Drones reveal cone, so it becomes less wide, would make it so they wont overlap as much and the Drones on higher ground wont cover as much of a rediculously huge area.

Auto Collect

It has always been strong, but after the change to interaction speed for all the Hunters, Auto Collect just became completely rediculous.
    Would like to see the range reduced significantly, even halved maybe, that or make the pickup speed slower the further away the Hunter is from the crate.

Stalker's Sniper Rifle

While im not an amazing shot, i feel like the Sniper could use some love, most notably, the upgrades to it seems completely useless with the amount of spread it has with rapid fire.
    Give the Sniper reduced maximum spread / faster recovery after each shot instead of increased fire rate.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭
    edited August 14

@Skrunken said:

Switch

Been going through and maxing out all Scavs for the past few weeks, and Switch has been standing out the most to me as the one with the most lack of identity, especially now with the change to Dash's Code Optimization, essentially all that Switch can do, other Scavs do better, so i feel like she needs something to make her stand out and give her more of a sense of purpose.

Treasure Hunter and Sudden Insight

While these Perks are "ok", they cant even be compared to how strong some other Scav perks are.
    In my opinion you could turn Switch into a marking beast for the team.
    Both perks currently go up to 125 meters of crate vision after Gathering / Delivering Blood, bring that down to something like 30-40 meters, and make it so she actually marks things when gathering / delivering blood instead which would make her more usefull to the team and wouldnt be overpowered atleast in my opinion.

Toil Together

This perk essentially lost all value after Dash's Code Optimization was changed, its just an inferior version of that and doesnt even stack with it.
    In my opinion it could be changed into an Aura instead which increases Crate Interaction speed for everyone but yourself, that way it wouldnt go back to the old Dash problem, and you would have to put yourself in a questionable position to assist someone else, not sure how much it would increase the speed, i'll leave that up to you to decide.

Unique Trait: Lighten the Load

While the speed boost is nice, i feel like its abit short at 10 seconds, think it would be fine to make it 15 seconds, just alittle extra something.

Ghost

While not on the same level as Switch, i think Ghost also suffer abit from lack of identity, or that hes missing a few things to make him stand out in certain areas, for example his anti-hacked-crates-perks, you can get the same effect using a Scav with Shield, and his other Perks doesnt exactly make him stand out either.
    To me Ghost is meant to be this Sniper assisting the team from a relatively safe Distance, and i feel like him and Fog could stand to swap a few things around.

Unique Trait: Ghost's Full Start and Fog's Tear it Down

I feel like these 2 Traits can be swapped, seeing how Fog is the "new player" character, starting with more ammo helps everyone without the player having to do anything, and Experienced Fog players pretty much want to be revealed anyways so they wont shoot down Drones as much.
    And it would mean Ghost, who doesnt want to be revealed will expose himself less by using less ammo shooting down Drones.

Ghost's Rich get Richer and Fog's Shimmy

While i wouldnt use Shimmy personally, it just feels like it would make more sense to put it on a sneaky character like Ghost instead of Fog who for most part is more focused on Speed.

Firmware

Currently 14 seconds of Hacked Crate immunity after gathering blood, i think it would be fine to make it more in line with other simillar perks, making it 20-25 seconds so its less awkward to use effectively.

Zero Cool

Currently -60% reveal time from Hacked Crates, i think having Firmware and Zero Cool do essentially the same thing is abit dull.
    In my opinion it would be cool if you could turn Zero Cool into more of a "delayed reveal effect", not sure what to call it so let me explain what im thinking.
    It would let Ghost walk into a Drones field and not get revealed for a time, say 5 seconds at level 10, it would allow Ghost to remain mobile and conserve ammo and it could also be used to juke Hunters who might expect you to become revealed and juke out of the Drone field, but you can use it to your advantage and juke into a Drone field instead.

Sawbones

Probably the strongest Scavanger right now, she is just sooooo tanky compared to all the other Scavs.
    I was always under the impression that Inked was suposed to be the Tanky one but i'll leave that for another day.

Underfoot

Im touching the Hunter Shock issue later in this post, but if you are to nerf Hunter Shock you need to nerf Underfoot with it, bringing it down from -42% to something like -25-30%

Respawn

As the game is right now you often respawn in fields of Drones or even right next to the Hunter sometimes, imo you should turn it into more of a "Battlefield" style of respawn.
    When a Scav gets recycled they see a live overview of the whole map and a 15 sec timer starts, around the Garden theres all these "Spawn rooms" that are completely unused, make all of them into possible respawn spots that the Scav can freely pick from and give them 10-15 seconds to leave the Room before they get kicked so its not abused.
    If they dont pick anywhere to spawn before the time expires they are randomly spawned in one of the rooms.

Hunter Shock

While Stalker is an Extreme case, the Shock is overrall too powerfull as it is right now, i would either decrease the dmg by about 30-50% or make the cooldown 9 or 10 seconds so Hunters have to use it abit more wisely.
    Alternatively make the Shock require Stamina to be used.

Drones

Drones are suposed to help slow down the Scavs, but right now its abit too much.
    I would like to see the minimum distance between each drone to be increased abit so you dont get those times where 2-4 Drones can cover the Pillar, and slightly increase the time they are Disabled when shot down.
    Another potential change to Drones, rather than adjusting the spawn distance between drones, what if you change the "angle" of the Drones reveal cone, so it becomes less wide, would make it so they wont overlap as much and the Drones on higher ground wont cover as much of a rediculously huge area.

Auto Collect

It has always been strong, but after the change to interaction speed for all the Hunters, Auto Collect just became completely rediculous.
    Would like to see the range reduced significantly, even halved maybe, that or make the pickup speed slower the further away the Hunter is from the crate.

Stalker's Sniper Rifle

While im not an amazing shot, i feel like the Sniper could use some love, most notably, the upgrades to it seems completely useless with the amount of spread it has with rapid fire.
    Give the Sniper reduced maximum spread / faster recovery after each shot instead of increased fire rate.

Ok just to flesh some stuff out here:

Toil together:

• While within 15 meters of another scavenger both of you gain +6-42% crate interaction speed

At max level that's a 1 second flat crate interaction speed up from 1.75 seconds. Hunter crate interaction speed is 0.75 and thus would still be 0.25 seconds faster.

Zero Cool:

• When entering a drones detection radius you will remain unrevealed for the first 1.5-6 seconds

Shock/Underfoot:

• Lower shock by exactly 25% (and thus it will take exactly 4 shocks to kill assuming 0 hp regen, dmg reduction, shields ect. Even 1 HP regenerated will make it 5 shocks). That's 45 damage btw. Max HP is 180
    • Lower Underfoot's effectiveness to 11.5-25%. This will make it take 6 shocks to kill (and won't leave you at very much HP after 5)
    • Make power shock and shocking's effectiveness 14-50% damage increase/cooldown decrease. Possibly make it a unique bonus at 50% but that's outside the scope of this post.

Repawns:
    A menu would break the pace of the game. Just spawn you in a random respawn room, never spawn you in one of the 3 rooms closest to the Hunter, and with 6 bolts and 20 seconds of camo. If you spawn with drones right under you then you can just shoot them down before jumping and you have camo so the Hunter can't easily just look up and immediately found you.

Once those 20 seconds are up you start taking 10 damage per second you stay in the respawn room.

• AZMAZM Member

So not sure if anyone has posted this in any of the feedback discussions yet, but someone on the discord a couple days ago mentioned this and I thought it was a really good idea. Drastically reduce the number of drones, but have them patrol the map. Personally I think this would provide much more interesting gameplay for both sides as there would be no "safe spots" you can just camp in until the timer runs out. Also this is just an idea on my end, but maybe if they're going to be patrolling make them a bit more durable and slightly reduce the size of the reveal cone they put out.

• GarudaMainGarudaMain Member

A list of issues I currently have with the game -

Blood Quota

The blood quota is the main objective for the Scavengers yet it is entirely optional whether you contribute to it or not. The only benefit to delivering blood is XP, it doesn't affect the match in any other way other than ending it sooner if you get the 140 blood.
    Because it is optional this leads to bush camping and also Scavengers bullying the Hunter. If the blood quota was mandatory i.e. you get 140 blood or you LOSE then it would stop both. It would also give a meaning to the gameplay where it currently has none.
    People need goals and they need rules in PVP games otherwise it's just pointless and there's no sense of urgency to the gameplay or feeling of accomplishment when you win.

My idea is that if the Scavs get 140 blood they win instantly, there's no blood mode anymore. If they don't get the blood then they lose, again no blood mode.

No Clear Winner Or Loser

People play PVP games to play with and against other people and to beat them. It's an issue alot of other players have brought up here and on Reddit and you can see it in the Steam reviews aswell. It's something that is common to PVP games and Deathgarden should have it, too. It shouldn't be something that's open to interpretation like some people saying getting alot of XP is their win condition or escaping the map is.
    It should be black and white.

Recycling

The Hunter has the option of recycling Scavengers repeatedly until the end of the match yet there is no point whatsoever in recycling more than once other than farming XP. You don't win if you get more XP than the Scavs so why bother? You're just giving them a chance to escape at the end of the match. There needs to be a benefit to the Hunter for recycling and a penalty for the Scav that's recycled or their whole team.

My suggestion to fix this currently pointless element of the game is to have a recycle count, perhaps 25 and if the Hunter gets that many then the Hunter wins the match. To allow for executions it could be that for every 5 recycles you get an execution token and you can execute one Scav with it.

Scavengers Bullying The Hunter/Heal Spam

Some Scavengers who are all using Heal & Shield will run circles round the Hunter and instantly negate any damage done with either of those abilities. If a Scav goes off alone to a crate to get more vambrace shots or more health they are covered by the other 4 and healed and shielded as soon as you do any damage to them.
    I've had this happen to me and I've read accounts of other players who have had this done to them or done it to Hunters themselves.
    The way to counter it that I've seen suggested by other players is to play Stalker with the increased shock damage perk maxed out or Inquisitor with auto-collect maxed out yet since you can't change character or perks mid-match it's just a useless suggestion and if you're playing Poacher apparently there's nothing you can do.
    As I mentioned this is caused by the blood quota being optional but it's also caused by the Hunter Close XP category.
    You need to get rid of that XP category and another possible fix for good measure would be that hitting the Hunter with Heal refills their stamina and Shield cools down their Shock immediately.
    You can't have the Hunter being shut down like that. It's a joke. The devs have said they want the Hunter to feel powerful and in control yet so many players have said they feel like that playing Scav and they're totally stressed out and anxious playing Hunter.

Downing/Revive Spam

Playing as Hunter if you down a Scavenger then that's a matter of skill. You've outplayed that Scav, you've beaten them. But due to the erratic way that Scavs ragdoll whether you can find them or not is a matter of chance.
    They can go sliding across the map, fall off a ledge into some bushes and crawl away and you've lost them. Also if there are Scavs using Heal they can instantly revive a downed Scav before you can get to them.
    You may have beaten the Scav you were chasing but because one person on their team jumped up and shot them from across the map you are not rewarded with the recycle or execution.
    Both situations are totally annoying and the element of random chance that it adds to the game is something people often don't like and just like the Heal/Shield spam it shuts down the Hunter completely.
    I've had it happen to myself numerous times and I've seen videos of people doing it to high level players.
    The recent change to Heal which makes its trail last for 4 seconds really hasn't changed anything since Scavs can just shoot it and run away and hide.

My suggestion for fixing the issue is that Scavs should be revealed as soon as they are downed (the perk Hey Down There should be a default feature for all Hunters, not a perk) for 5 seconds and for those 5 seconds they are immune to vambrace shots. I wouldn't mind if Heal didn't revive anymore but I don't think it's totally necessary if those suggested changes are made.

Drones

There are still far too many drones on the map. I've seen people suggest all kinds of ways of reworking them but it would be easier if you just cut the number down by a third. If it's too little then try reducing it by a quarter.

Summary/TL;DR

Currently the game is full of pointless features such as the blood quota, domination (it means nothing and there's no benefit for the side that gets it and no penalty for the side that doesn't) and recycling
    yet the devs don't seem to understand that everything happening in the match needs to affect the match at hand, you can't incentivize farming XP when getting more XP than the opposing side doesn't make you win.
    As dark and gritty as the games aesthetic might be, it just isn't a game you can take seriously.
    It's just an XP farming simulator where Hunters will repeatedly recycle Scavs just to get their name on a leaderboard and Scavs will run round Hunters in circles for the same thing.

The playerbase is continuing to drop, peaking at around 300 the last few days and it's clear why. According to SteamDB between 500,000 and 1 million people own the game so the small amount of players isn't down to under-exposure.
    I love Deathgarden and I've amassed 269 hours in the game since I started playing it on the 1st of June but if the above problems aren't fixed it's just going to die again.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

@GarudaMain

Farming simulator ay?

Don't you mean.... gardening? ;)

• firstrecon5firstrecon5 Member

So since the next patch is dropping within 24 hours, I figured I should drop all the feedback I've been saving since gold rush hit.

-Allow solo Hunters to enter into HwF mode during playtests; not all of us have friends to group with :'(

-Make the character select screen show our currently equipped cosmetics on each character

-Make highlight intensity a toggle
    -Make highlight intensity a slider (so you can set what your max will be)
    -Allow us to specify if we want it on everything, nothing, or just on people (the white outline makes spotting players at extreme distances so much easier, but they might not want it for other things)
    -Allow us to specify if we want it on hunter, scav, or both

-Make crouch hold specific to Hunter & Scavenger instead of shared (I've been asking for this for ages and I'm probably not the only one that wants it)
    --When you crouch as a Scavenger, it's to hide in a bush or behind a wall, so you'll typically be crouched for a while, or you'll roll/jump/fall out of it
    --When you crouch as a Hunter, it's to get a quick peek underneath something so you have a better shot at a Scavenger that just rolled under/through something

-Do something to make checking blood pile amounts easier from a distance with the highlight intensity on
    --Increase intensity of the lights on the side of the thing when it's highlighted? (or just in general, make the vertical line and circle at the top more noticable at a distance)

-Make the ! icon over the new stores into an actual thing in the environment
    --(rather than being a HUD element, have an actual projection against the glass, or a scrolling text thingy, so it's a part of the world rather than the HUD (it's just more immersive & nice worldbuilding to have things appear in-universe rather than in HUD)

-Keep the 'New Title! [title]' thing up until you return to the main menu area, no real reason to remove it after a second, and some players might not notice it (checking phone)

-While the new sounds with the claw are cool, they do sound a bit too squishy and organic, a bit overkill. try toning it down a bit. The gore level of the sound doesn't match the level of what's shown.

-Increase default/max volume of voicechat, I have all the settings at default and it can become nearly impossible to hear the other player(s) if just about anything is happening

-Improve mine placement on top of the rail tracks (Fire in the Sky and Gold Rush), you can't just quickly drop a mine on them, you have to stop and carefully aim it otherwise it won't fit because of the wooden planks/metal rails

-Refill some/all of the Hunters stamina when they perform a recycle (& execution) as sort of a pat-on-the-back type thing
    --This way, even if the hunter spends all of their stamina chasing down one person at a blood deposit and recycles/executes them and then sees blood being deposited in the distance, they'll be able to keep pressure up on them
    --This allows them to keep up map pressure across the whole map immediately after a chase, but only so long as they actually managed to down & recycle/execute someone
    --Could also be done as increased stamina regen for several seconds, since supercharge pauses stamina regen. This way it's not an instant refill, but if they choose to not use it for a few seconds it will get them to max faster

Since when you're in a 2-way tunnel, there's no real way to avoid drones, and now we have a map that has tunnels as a big feature, I think there should be drone modifier for being underground
    -When inside tunnels, the drone vision cone becomes distorted (because it has so much dirt/rock in the way) and as a result: [one of the following]
    --Will take several seconds to highlight you once you enter it
    --Will not line up with your actual body unless hunter has direct LoS to you (so your highlight might get put in another tunnel/underground)
    -Make a box (open ended where the tunnel has entrances) along the edges of the tunnel, if the box walls are inbetween a scavenger and the drone(s) spotting them, the highlight will be effected
    -Or alternatively, reduce drone spawn rates on top of the tunnels, it's annoying and sad to have one of the big features of the new map (the tunnels) able to be rendered completely unusable because of drones

-Changes to Sawbones 'Splash' perk
    -Currently, no one uses this perk (haven't seen it triggered since maybe a week or 2 after launch)
    -Right now, it only increases the aoe of your heal/shield for a while after gathering blood (5s @ starting, 23s @ max), not that effective since you need to A) gather blood b) have a chase happen C) be in a position to heal the person getting chased
    -A lot of time, the difference the ability makes is minimal because either A) you're close enough to the chase that you don't really benefit from it or b) it's not active because you weren't just collecting blood, and now you'd have to choose to either abandon the person for a few crucial seconds so you can go gather blood to trigger it, or you just support them without it
    -My suggestion is to do one of the following
    --1)
    --Every [x] seconds, your next Vambrace Power has its size increased, if it successfully hits someone, the cooldown is reduced by [y] seconds
    --Increasing the level of the perk will improve either [x] or [y]
    --Example:
    ---"Every 30 seconds, your next Vambrace Power has its size increased, if it successfully hits someone, the cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds."
    -Or
    --2)
    --Your Vambrace Power has increased size based on distance, beginning at [x] meters and reaching max at [y] meters. It increases up to 150% (the amount it currently boosts by).
    --Increasing the level of the perk will improve [x], [y], or both
    --Example:
    ---"After travelling 20 meters, the radius of your Vambrace power begins increasing, up to 150% at 50 meters."
    -Or
    --3)
    --Keep it the same, but now it also increases the size for the same amount of time, after delivering blood, triggering it more often, meaning that it will be useful more frequently.
    -I think #2 is best, because it turns Sawbones into the defacto character to use for long range heal/shield sniping

-New Vambrace Power Concept: Airburst
    -Would need to be put onto a character with only supporting abilities (such as Heal, Shield, Camo, Speed Boost) since having this be on clone/smoke could be a bit odd.
    -Causes the Vambrace Power to 'detonate' in midair when comes within [x] distance of scavengers (other than the one that shot it)
    -"After [x] meters, Vambrace Power bolts that pass within [y] meters of a player will detonate in midair."
    --The [x] distance before 'arming' is just so it doesn't accidentally trigger when you're shooting a far away target while standing next to another scavenger
    -Ever had problems trying to hit someone at the same height as you while they move? Can be a bit difficult, this way, if you just barely miss them, it still detonates. Would be good for sawbones.
    -[2019-08-18 13-48-42] has a good example instance of when it would be nice to have

-New Scavenger Perk: Aimed Assistance (someone else can probably do a better name)
    -When you aim as a Scavenger (right click) it highlights edges of terrain and other features within several degrees of your cursor starting at [x] meters and ending at [y] meters.
    -This lets you aim into the fog more reliably, since you'll be able to spot that your shot is being blocked by a tree/wall and move accordingly
    -The minimum [x] is there to prevent cluttered screen if you're standing near stuff that you can obviously still see. Otherwise your screen would light up like a christmas tree.
    -Leveling it up improves [y], allowing you to see further into the fog when shooting
    -To understand how this would help, look at instances of healers/others trying to snipe a friendly from across the map, only to have their bolt smack into a wall in between them and the target.

I saw some people complaining about instant-revive arrows, and having just played against a 4 healer group earlier (1 dc at the beginning so it was 1v4), I feel like mentioning an idea I had a while back which probably got forgotten.
    I'll just copy paste this from the old thread then tack on a bit more.

Revive arrows
    -Skilled healers can make executes nearly impossible, even moreso if they're in groups
    -Downed Scavs have a meter, this fills over several seconds upon reaching crawl state/or/being downed
    -Being hit with a heal arrow will make you revive upon reaching full meter (or instantly revive if already at full meter)
    -This way, a Scavenger cannot be instantly revived with well timed heal arrow (without a chance for the Hunter to execute)
    -They will instantly revive if the Scavenger has been downed for several seconds (so meter had time to fill), otherwise it will revive them after a moment (once meter is filled)
    -If Hunter is already channeling execute when meter reaches full, it will block the revive (but if they stop channeling, the revive will finish)
    So it works a bit like this:
    1) Scavenger gets downed (meter immediately begins filling)
    2) Scavenger gets shot with healing arrow at any point after being downed (meter not full yet)
    3) Meter fills before hunter reaches downed Scavenger to begin channeling execute/recycle
    4) Scavenger revives
    Or as an alternative
    3) Hunter reaches Scavenger before meter fills and begins channeling execute/recycle
    4) Meter fills while Hunter is still channeling, the Hunter channel blocks the revive (if the hunter stops channeling, the revive will finish)

The meter could be unseen or it could be shown on the hud of the downed Scavenger. If shown, the meter could be a grey progress bar filling with red and have two states:
    1) unactivated (hasn't been hit with heal arrow): shown by being greyed out or somewhat transparent/colors drained
    2) activated (has been hit with a heal arrow): The colors become more vibrant to show that you will revive upon filling

• TheHourManTheHourMan Member

Festure request: First match of the day bonus of 100 ink.

This discussion has been closed.