Change request - Kill switch for gruesome executions

Hello dear Devs,

In the game, false, even disadvantageous or undesirable feelings are generated.

An example:

The gruesome animations. I believe that you wanted them to produce horror feelings, but I also believe from my own experience that they (still) produce others: Humiliation, humiliation, disgust for the perversion in which the opponent finds pleasure.

My suggestion:

Create an setting as a checkbox that makes it possible to defuse the Mori animations for the scavengers (no visualization, no sound). This prevents bad feelings.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• chefdave12118chefdave12118 Member

You're getting chased the whole game by a maniac with guns, mines, turrets and he can fly. The kill animation bothers you? This has to be a troll post and the sarcasm went way over my head.

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member ✭✭

It bothers you on Scavenger or Hunter side?

Because, honestly, until I watched streamers play Hunters and execute, I had no idea how the executions look cuz I find it hard to watch from Scavs' pov. Or I just never paid attention while playing.

Just your friendly Scavenger Main Nayeh.

• shared_l00tshared_l00t Member

This game is rated M for Mature.

• DAMNFASTDEADDAMNFASTDEAD Member
    edited October 4

@chefdave12118 said:
    Play Minecraft

@chefdave12118 said:
    You're getting chased the whole game by a maniac with guns, mines, turrets and he can fly. The kill animation bothers you? This has to be a troll post and the sarcasm went way over my head.

You show impressively that you are not worth a discussion.

Because you're showing clearly that you didn't understand me at all. An intelligent person would have asked a reasonable question before he allowed himself a judgement.

But I probably expected too much.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

@DAMNFASTDEAD said:

@chefdave12118 said:
    Play Minecraft

@chefdave12118 said:

You show impressively that you are not worth a discussion.

Because you're showing clearly that you didn't understand me at all. An intelligent person would have asked a reasonable question before he allowed himself a judgement.

But I probably expected too much.

You made a silly suggestion. Of course it wouldn't be taken seriously.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

Where is the humiliation in the execution animation? I'm sure that you don't played the first version of the game, the first execution animation in the game was so scary.

The hunter already have a way to be gentle with scavengers: RECYCLING.

Execution is not indeed to be a beautiful thing, you're killing someone and if you're doing this, you want it most terrible as possible. The hunter is not going to kiss scavenger's heads and put them to sleep in a bed, he is going to kill them.

This is clearly a game that wasn't developed for childs, it doesn't need to be grateful, it is a newer brother from DBD, it need to be scariest.

@NuclearBurrito said:
    You made a silly suggestion. Of course it wouldn't be taken seriously.

You seem either very young, immature, or both. Since you have expressed your opinion about my suggestion, I unfortunately realize that you seem to be on the same line as the one I have responded to.

I will spare myself another comment for you. It seems pointless to me.

@EliPer said:
    Where is the humiliation in the execution animation? I'm sure that you don't played the first version of the game, the first execution animation in the game was so scary.

Execution is not indeed to be a beautiful thing, you're killing someone and if you're doing this, you want it most terrible as possible. The hunter is not going to kiss scavenger's heads and put them to sleep in a bed, he is going to kill them.

This is clearly a game that wasn't developed for childs, it doesn't need to be grateful, it is a newer brother from DBD, it need to be scariest.

Thank you for your reaction. Too bad that you seem to be one of the few people with whom you can communicate reasonably.

It's not that a Hunter player has to be friendly to me. I knew the game when it was beta.

With the introduction of the cruel executions, I think the game has moved closer to Dead by Daylight.

My experience has shown me that the toxicity in the game and in the community probably comes from the fact that, among other things, there are exactly those situations in which one character is killed by the other "by one's own hand".

There are people on both sides who enjoy it. And there are people who want to avoid these situations as much as possible if they have the chance to kill with their own hands as well as to be killed.

From my point of view, neither the Mori animations in Dead by Daylight nor the cruel executions in Deathgarden create the right feelings. For me they are not creepy, they are disgusting, especially when they are enjoyed.

I always think of what happened in Columbine High School. People could be so uninhibited at some point that they could transport it into real life.

You certainly know the movie "American History X". To my regret a scene in this film came true in Germany and guess which one: the curb stomping.

My suggestion should therefore be a balanced solution between the remaining of the cruel executions and their removal:

That every player can decide for himself whether he wants to be exposed to such an animation or not.

These animations didn't exist in the first version of the game. There were no highlighted direct killings, and in my opinion, they weren't necessary. The execution on the Bloodpost was far from reality for me than what I see in the new animations.

What worries me is, that they seem to be vehemently defended...like people really need that...

I like this game. But glorification of violence - that's how it affects me since the gruesome execution animations- doesn't have to be.

Thank you for your time!

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

@DAMNFASTDEAD said:

@EliPer said:

Thank you for your reaction. Too bad that you seem to be one of the few people with whom you can communicate reasonably.

It's not that a Hunter player has to be friendly to me. I knew the game when it was beta.

With the introduction of the cruel executions, I think the game has moved closer to Dead by Daylight.

My experience has shown me that the toxicity in the game and in the community probably comes from the fact that, among other things, there are exactly those situations in which one character is killed by the other "by one's own hand".

There are people on both sides who enjoy it. And there are people who want to avoid these situations as much as possible if they have the chance to kill with their own hands as well as to be killed.

From my point of view, neither the Mori animations in Dead by Daylight nor the cruel executions in Deathgarden create the right feelings. For me they are not creepy, they are disgusting, especially when they are enjoyed.

I always think of what happened in Columbine High School. People could be so uninhibited at some point that they could transport it into real life.

You certainly know the movie "American History X". To my regret a scene in this film came true in Germany and guess which one: the curb stomping.

My suggestion should therefore be a balanced solution between the remaining of the cruel executions and their removal:

That every player can decide for himself whether he wants to be exposed to such an animation or not.

These animations didn't exist in the first version of the game. There were no highlighted direct killings, and in my opinion, they weren't necessary. The execution on the Bloodpost was far from reality for me than what I see in the new animations.

What worries me is, that they seem to be vehemently defended...like people really need that...

I like this game. But glorification of violence - that's how it affects me since the gruesome execution animations- doesn't have to be.

Thank you for your time!

You may try to look at other view.

What is the cruel execution? Why did they add it?

This animation was introduced to make every hunter unique. But this execution animation was not created to allow the guy that is hunting make a humiliation with the scavengers. It was created to bring personality for each hunter.

Remember that there's no communication between hunter and scavengers in the game. So why would you think that execution was indeed to be a humiliation?

The animation shows the personality from each character, not from the person who's playing with them. The Stalker takes your heart and drink the blood, this is not what the person who is playing want to do, this is what the character do when killing her victims. It will make you feel something different about that character. The Poacher's personality is different, he prefers kill you with a knife. The Inquisitor put on the knees and fires. The Veteran is known by her orbital strike, she likes to use it to kill her victim.

Summarizing, the animations are the character personality, not from the player, and it must not be viewed of different way.

They're trying to bring a history to the game, to bring more feelings to the characters and make that environment more enjoyable. Do not ask for remove this part that still remains poor of content.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

@DAMNFASTDEAD said:

Thanks for the consideration!

Toxiticy doesn't come from the characters, it comes only from the personality of who is playing.

But let me try to show you another view.

Why did they add these animations?

• They introduce that to make every hunter character unique.

But what is the cruel animation for you?

• The cruel animation was created to bring personality from each hunter. It is not related to the desire of one player to humiliate another, and it must not be looked at this way.
    • Theses animations are EXCLUSIVELY related to the character personality. Eve (Stalker) likes to take of the heart of her victms and drink the blood. Thomas (Inquisitor) put his victms on the knees until fire them. Poacher likes to use a knife to kill with his own hands. Veteran is known by her Orbital Strike, and when she is going to kill someone, she uses it.
    • The Devs are trying to create content but at the same time, they're trying to make a history for the game, to make you feel inside the game, to make you enjoy the game. PvE games are naturally built over a history, but PvP games as DG also need to have a context to make you know why you're fighting for.
    • The last patches launched brings origins cosmetics, they improved the details inside any hunter's history. The Devs are doing a great job to create personality for each hunter, and also scavengers.

Try to look at this way, these animations have nothing related to humiliation, they are only the personality from each character and only from the character, not from the people who is playing the game.