Feedback Patch 0.1.3 [Recycle Mechanic]

MiraakMiraak Member, Moderator mod
edited July 2019 in General Discussion

Hello!

Do you have any Feedback on the new Recycle Mechanic?

Now you can send us your Feedback under this thread. This method is easier for the Devs to read all the Feedback from the Community. Please use this thread ONLY FOR THE RECYCLE MECHANIC FEEDBACK!

We thank all players for their Feedback!

Comments

• NightsongNightsong Member
    edited June 2019

remove impossible challenges, how can you expect me to revive scavengers when every hunter do instacute / insta recycle as dash?

• seir_seir_ Member
    edited June 2019

From my experience only the top few hunters are able to dominate now. I feel like the hunter should be able to instacute at the 70/140 blood marker (or time based as others suggested). Blood mode alone isn't enough to build up pressure.

Also, add a mechanic that reveals all scavs when no blood is deposited for a certain amount of time (maybe 60s). That would fix boring, stalled end games.

Do you collect in game stats? It'd be interesting to know the escape rates compared to previously.

• SwitchMainSwitchMain Member

U guys have to change something, cause after this recycling mechanism hunters are to underpowered. I played the whole day, and NEVER had a match where the hunter dominated. U need to increase the blood amount that is needed for the exit gates to spawn, or find an other solution.

Im a Scavenger main

• FunspaxxFunspaxx Member

Its no fun at all for new, middle and low skilled hunter, which means they will switch to scavs or switch the game, like i called it = u will get higher queue time for scavs and just top tier hunter who destroys the normal scav grps.

• CrythorCrythor Member

At fist i was worried about the loss of tension you get by having 2 lifes. This ofc happened however the change was much better for game balance. The matches feel much more challenging as a hunter now and more fair as a scavenger.

However the mercy mechanic made a previously existing problem even worse. And that is scavengers who just hide and wait out the timer never doing the objective and scavengers hiding when a few of their teammates are dead.

If a scavenger isnt bad he will never be found if he dosent want to and still gets the chance to escape but even if you manage to find him now you have to recycle him first and he gets another shot at waiting out the timer. This is bad.

How to combat this:

1. If you haven't delivered blood for over 60 sec. you get revealed till you deliver at least 5 blood or get recycled.

2. Downs in blood mode are automatic executions no need to go to the body and press a key.

3. When the timer runs out and 3 or more scavengers are left and you havent at least delivered 60% blood you get instantly revealed and the exits dont open. Your only chance to open the exits is to finish the 140 blood. (during this mode downs result into automatic executions so the killer cant hold the game hostage) The gates spawn when there is only 1 person left.

3a:

As an alternative to 3:

When the timer runs out the exits dont open and the scavengers get revealed unless they meet the following requirement:

There needs to be at least 20% blood delivered for each scavenger alive (unless you are the last then it opens regardless) so 5 are alive they open only if you deliver 100% 4: 80% 3:60% 2: 40% 1: always opens. However you can continue to deposit blood after the timer ran out. If you meet the requirement of the amount of scavengers that were alive when the timer ran out the exits spawn (so lets say 3 were alive they need to finish 60%) or when there is only 1 left.

Downs result into automatic executions (they dont require the hunter to press a key) so the hunter cant hold the game hostage.

• seir_seir_ Member

@Crythor said:
    1. If you haven't delivered blood for over 60 sec. you get revealed till you deliver at least 5 blood or get recycled.

I've suggested something similar, but for the team as whole. A good scavenger being able to juke the killer for 60s shouldn't be punished. Only when the team as whole doesn't deliver blood for 60s, all get revealed.

@Crythor said:
    2. Downs in blood mode are automatic executions no need to go to the body and press a key.

I like the down mechanic as it is:

• Sometimes when you get lucky, you'll ragdoll into the exit gate. Fun times :blush:
    • It adds more strategy: the killer must decide either to execute or chase after the guy spamming vambrace arrows
    • It gives the killer the option to recycle or execute

@Crythor said:
    3. When the timer runs out and 3 or more scavengers are left and you havent at least delivered 60% blood you get instantly revealed and the exits dont open. Your only chance to open the exits is to finish the 140 blood. (during this mode downs result into automatic executions so the killer cant hold the game hostage) The gates spawn when there is only 1 person left.

3a:

As an alternative to 3:

When the timer runs out the exits dont open and the scavengers get revealed unless they meet the following requirement:

There needs to be at least 20% blood delivered for each scavenger alive (unless you are the last then it opens regardless) so 5 are alive they open only if you deliver 100% 4: 80% 3:60% 2: 40% 1: always opens. However you can continue to deposit blood after the timer ran out. If you meet the requirement of the amount of scavengers that were alive at the start of this mode the exit spawns (so lets say 3 were alive they need to finish 60%) or when there is only 1 left.

Downs result into automatic executions (they dont require the hunter to press a key) so the hunter cant hold the game hostage.

The devs stated that they don't want hunter/survivor domination to occur too often. Thus, having to deliver 140 blood was never intended to be the default use case. I'd rather give hunters the ability to instacute at the 4 minute marker. Combined with #1 the end game won't be boring anymore.

• seir_seir_ Member

@Crythor said:

I've suggested something similar, but for the team as whole. A scavenger being able to juke the hunter for 60s shouldn't be punished. Only when the team doesn't deliver any blood during these 60s, all scavengers should be revealed. This will punish teams all hiding in the bushes.

@Crythor said:

I like the current down mechanic:

• when you're lucky, you'll ragdoll into the exit gate :D
    • the killer has to decide either to execute the downed scavenger, or chase after the one spamming vambrace arrows
    • this gives the killer the decision to recycle (for possible extra XP) or execute the downed

@Crythor said:

3a:

As an alternative to 3:

There needs to be at least 20% blood delivered for each scavenger alive (unless you are the last then it opens regardless) so 5 are alive they open only if you deliver 100% 4: 80% 3:60% 2: 40% 1: always opens. However you can continue to deposit blood after the timer ran out. If you meet the requirement of the amount of scavengers that were alive at the start of this mode the exit spawns (so lets say 3 were alive they need to finish 60%) or when there is only 1 left.

The devs stated that they don't want hunter or scavenger domination to occur too often. Therefore it shouldn't be the default use case that max blood is being delivered. I'd rather give hunters the ability to instacute at the 4 minute marker. Along with #1 you won't have boring end games.

• CrythorCrythor Member

@seir_ said:

@Crythor said:

I've suggested something similar, but for the team as whole. A scavenger being able to juke the hunter for 60s shouldn't be punished. Only when the team doesn't deliver any blood during these 60s, all scavengers should be revealed. This will punish teams all hiding in the bushes.

@Crythor said:

I like the current down mechanic:

• when you're lucky, you'll ragdoll into the exit gate :D
    • the killer has to decide either to execute the downed scavenger, or chase after the one spamming vambrace arrows
    • this gives the killer the decision to recycle (for possible extra XP) or execute the downed

@Crythor said:

3a:

As an alternative to 3:

The devs stated that they don't want hunter or scavenger domination to occur too often. Therefore it shouldn't be the default use case that max blood is being delivered. I'd rather give hunters the ability to instacute at the 4 minute marker. Along with #1 you won't have boring end games.

To 1:

The problem with that is that 1 scav doing something allows the rest of the team to just hide and with the recycle mechanic that means 5 min of the timer are worthless at least because someone who hasnt been recycled delivers blood then can get recycled if you are lucky enough to get him (otherwise he can do it again with no real risk) and he re spawns then its the turn of the next who hasnt been recycled etc.

Like this its way too easy to avoid. And only 1 scav at a time has to come where with mine scavs come at closer times or even at the same making it even easier to get someone.

However you could change it so that when you are in a chase with a hunter the time(for you) is paused for the duration and a few sec after that would fix that.

Regarding 2: preference i guess we can just agree to disagree here.

Regarding 3:

Just because the devs dont want something dosent make it good automatically. The thing is we some day want competitive matchmaking and real competitive matchmaking dosent work if there is a different outcome then 1 side wins and 1 side loses. Scvas have to win and lose as a team and there cant be anything else then win or lose. Everything else can give points but not make or break victorys.

Instacute after X min while it helps with the recycling problem dosent help with the hiding problem. (and only addresses part of my 1 concerns cause it will not be there for the first time and not force multiple people to risk their lifes)

Your suggestion wont prevent the scavs to never intent to finish their objective which is what needs to be enforced or punished by ingame mechanics if you dont do so.

• Here's a thought. Team lives instead of on an individual level. Hunter downs and recycles 4 Scavengers and the next person down (who they may never see again) is able to be executed regardless if they were the one downed and recycled.

Also, the respawn from recycling needs work, either allow us to jump down from a random point above, or keep us from spawning near the Hunter and/or under a myriad of drones.

Having said all that, the recycle mechanic does feel like a **huge ** step in the right direction! Well done.

• seir_seir_ Member
    edited July 2019

@NotTheWolverine said:
    Here's a thought. Team lives instead of on an individual level. Hunter downs and recycles 4 Scavengers and the next person down (who they may never see again) is able to be executed regardless if they were the one downed and recycled.

This is a bad idea that can and will be exploited. Some reckless individuals, not caring about the team, and trying to maximize their own XP will burn through these collective 4 recycle lives. Such a mechanic will harm the community. We don't need DbD toxicity here.

• Sean_GamingSean_Gaming Member

My take on the new update: It is balanced, being instant executed was a pain in ass most games think about your dead by daylight in sense if killer in dead by daylight could hook you once then your gone from the game I wouldn't even touch the game. In this game if you got a nice low level killer who wasn't as experience as a high level one then yes you was okay but if not then the killer was just slaying you before the patch, a good killer knows that your going to hide in that cheeky little bush you could escape the killer but it's very hard and then if they got you then that's it your out, however now after the update you now have a second chance! Which is brilliant people complaining about survivers being over powered just haven't played the game enough to be able to counter play the survivors. Some people now claim you have "unlimited respawns", but after the first death it's down to the killer wether your staying alive or not which is pretty awesome as it let's high experienced killer grind a bit more points if there really good and for low level killers they are most probably complaining as they are trying the recycle too much but reverting would be a real shame because the games I went in with killer that had "Duo" or "Trio" in there name where just killing me left, right and centre and I'm not the worse player either before the patch I did reach 7.6k experience in one game at the time being "top 5% master". people wanting it reverted that is are wanting an easy win, it gives the killer an easygoing game and the survivors an absolute nightmare of a time barely being able to get experience points. As soon as the killers come the survivors before the patch had to try juke as hard as they can to escape instead of being able to gather blood. If people really can't stand the patch so much the changes I'd make 1 of 2 changes 1: You have an one extra life and the blood points that have be gathered increased to 160-180 somewhere around there the second option being just keep it the way it is however increase the amount of blood that has to be gathered, going back to instant executes would be just be a big no no.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

We could just remove the timer and have the game keep going until someone Dominates and thus wins.

No more timer = No more hiding the whole game = No more problems with that

The game is clearly balanced around the Scavangers trying to get as much blood in as possible. I don't get how the timer is supposed to help with that.

We already have drones as a more organic incentive to be quick about blood delivery.

I'm not sure what other changes would need to be made without the timer. But there is no way we couldn't make it work.

• HorizonHorizon Member

Get rid of this shit it's so bad. My friends and I played for 8 hours the other day, then this shit came out we got bored within an hour because of the respawns. We loved the game because of the pure fear that came out of the game, now we are not even scared to get caught by the hunter because of respawns, make the game back to how it used to be. People want respawns because they can't get away, this isnt the solution.

• wandawanda Member

I guess this was introduced to prevent hunters slugging scavengers to farm points. Here's what I'd change to make the game interesting again
    -> Allow execution the second time a scavenger is downed, regardless of whether they were recycled or revived
    -> Allow execution after half of the time is up
    -> Allow execution after half of the blood was delivered

Very few hunters would still let scavengers revive when most of the blood was delivered or when the game was close to the end. Having to search for each body twice can take too much time, allowing other scavengers to deliver blood without interruption. Why not let the hunter make revival the scavenger's own task instead of having to do it for them at least once before being allowed to execute?

I like NuclearBurrito's suggestion about removing the timer. I'd love to have that as a separate game mode, for people whose game time is not too limited, so we can just play until one side wins :D

• SkrunkenSkrunken Member
    edited July 2019

would it be possible to open all those "Ready Rooms" that you see around the garden for respawn, making it random or the furthest from the hunter, or a combination of both.
    Cause from what i've seen on streams Scavs often respawn in the middle of Drone fields which limits their options of where to go.
    Or even give them a overview of the map, let them choose where to respawn, still sticking with the ready rooms.

Also, the interaction for Hunter when trying to Recycle or Execute seems off right now, making it difficult to do either sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.