Game Breaking Exploit

H2O_UshankaH2O_Ushanka Member

This exploit involves a group of communicating scavengers, travelling together and spamming each other with Heal & Smoke from Power Core Crates that they find along the way to earn a tremendous amount of Team Action XP. What makes this exploit so easily possible is due to the shared resource mechanic that affects anyone in close proximity and the large volume of power core crates scattered around maps. What the average player earns in several days can be earned in under an hour with this tactic. Here is a link to a screenshot of the endgame results. https://imgur.com/a/FyavyNy

Comments

• H2O_UshankaH2O_Ushanka Member

The heal arrow spam easily counters the hunter's ability to down scavengers, making this situation unpreventable through player actions.

• TakunDesTakunDes Member

What does XP do beside levelling titles? does it make you get more money?

edited June 9

The more XP you earn means the more currency you earn. They could potentially be earning thousands each game, meanwhile honest players get no where near that amount.

• TakunDesTakunDes Member
    edited June 9

@H2O_Ushanka said:
    The more XP you earn means the more currency you earn. They could potentially be earning thousands each game, meanwhile honest players get no where near that amount.

This should be a bannable offence, people who play Solo literally will earn at 3-4 times the slower rate compared to these Exploiters, just ran into one team who does this

Either ban these people, or reset their progress

Resetting their progress sounds fair, doesn't have to be all levels, just lower their currency/ xp by 2 out of 3

I will give a few days hopefully the Devs will respond/ punish these ppl by then

if nothing happens and these exploiters don't get punish i will just take the Devs allowing this to happen, and i will abuse this with my friends/ create groups as well to farm

@TakunDes said:

@H2O_Ushanka said:

This should be a bannable offence, people who play Solo literally will earn at 3-4 times the slower rate compared to these Exploiters, just ran into one team who does this

Either ban these people, or reset their progress

Resetting their progress sounds fair, doesn't have to be all levels, just lower their currency/ xp by 2 out of 3

I will give a few days hopefully the Devs will respond/ punish these ppl by then

if nothing happens and these exploiters don't get punish i will just take the Devs allowing this to happen, and i will abuse this with my friends/ create groups as well to farm

Thankfully the developers responded to my ticket and mentioned that it would be looked into! Hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks devs!

• pistkittypistkitty Member ✭✭

You're using words you apparantly don't understand. This is kind of a ridiculous tactic, but in no way is it an "exploit", if they're using existing, non-bugged mechanics as they are intended. The fault lies in Behaviour vastly overpopulating the game map with resources, which has been pointed out to them numerous times. Calling for bans because players are getting creative in ways you don't care for is an over-reaction, don't you think? And to head off the obvious, no I didn't know about this, nor use it, and I play alone.

edited June 11

@pistkitty said:
    You're using words you apparantly don't understand. This is kind of a ridiculous tactic, but in no way is it an "exploit", if they're using existing, non-bugged mechanics as they are intended. The fault lies in Behaviour vastly overpopulating the game map with resources, which has been pointed out to them numerous times. Calling for bans because players are getting creative in ways you don't care for is an over-reaction, don't you think? And to head off the obvious, no I didn't know about this, nor use it, and I play alone.

It certainly does meet the criteria of an exploit. No, it's not your traditional example of cheating, but it utilises a situation in a way considered unfair and dishonourable. Any mature player would see this was unintentional by the developers. Sure it's creative, but it deliberately leaves an opponent; in this case the hunter, at a disadvantage. Now you might think this only has an impact in the short-term. It doesn't. With all the points that these people have accumulated, they'll be able to boost their characters at an enormously faster rate than other players. The side that they've invested into will leave their opponents at a further disadvantage when the time comes that this method is patched; hence, "game-breaking". Now on a different topic. Do these people deserve punishment? No, they don't as clearly no 3rd party software was used. This is an early-access game, bans could be detrimental to its already small community. Do they deserve to be labelled as exploiters? I believe they do, and concerning the specific reply to my ticket, the developers do too. But these are just opinions, everyone is welcome to their own.

• pistkittypistkitty Member ✭✭

.> @H2O_Ushanka said:

Sure, sure, I see your point. There is actually a very easy and simple solution to this problem that would alleviate several others as well: leave the power crates there, for the hunter. Reduce their number slightly, perhaps, and runners get their powers by delivering blood, say 1 bolt for two units. Since that is literally why they are in the DG it makes sense, and would encourage more active play, less hiding, and maybe even some teamwork