Clones, the most useful ability.

SmokePotionSmokePotion Member

Most people don't run clones. I get it, healing bolts make you unkillable during golden crate bonus'. And Invisibility is...Well, Invisibility. So why should you choose dumb clones that run into walls? For more reasons than any other power. I'll explain.

Clone is a very useful ability, that can be used in a variety of situations to help. Here are a few tips and tricks.

1: Clones set off Poacher Mines, and will often remove more than one at a time. This lets you clear out objectives safely, and quickly.

2: It takes 2 clone bolts to destroy an auto turret. So you can use 1 clone to distract, and 2 clones to destroy it. WHich will leave a clone running around to distract the killer that's coming to check out what his turret was shooting at. And the clone from the first bullet will replace the distraction clone, meaning you won't take damage.

3: Cross map saves. I love seeing the killer chasing someone, I will often launch a bolt into the chase at the right moment to distract the killer so the other can escape. These are times like when they climb an object, sight juke the killer, or are hiding and the killer is hunting for them.

4: Clone maxes out around 30 seconds of duration. This makes it really easy to leave clones around to annoy the killer, and to shoot in his general direction, so he gets used to seeing them. This often leads to a situation where I can just act like one of my clones running around me, and leave the area when the hunter arrives. because he is used to shooting my clones, and mistakes me for one and ignores me. (important note. Sit in your private parkour room, and learn how clones bounce off objects. I have literally bounced off hunters and escaped because I convinced them I was a clone.

5: It's super easy to drop clones all around the map. In fact, the hunter tends to give you the means to do it himself. Shooting a drone disables the drone, and drops a clone in the area. This one ties into the last one.

6: if you are exposed, then fire a clone, the clone is also exposed. This has helped me juke hunters inside of drone zone's, and while running to the teleporters to escape.

Clone is my favorite ability because it has the most uses. I'm constantly looking for new ways to use it, and I'm certain as more Hunters show up, I will find more ways to use it.

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member ✭✭

I've been switching (pun intended) back and forth between clones and smokescreen. Love both abilities, fog is more specialized which is great but the versatility of clones are just amazing

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member ✭✭

The only issue I see with clones is that... They're way different than other Power Bolts, but the Exp reward system is build for the other Power Bolts. I love using them to distract Hunter and keep him occupied especially on a point no one is on, but I get nothing for buying my team some time. No distraction points, no nothing. It's a shame, as Clones are really fun power.

Just your friendly Scavenger Main Nayeh.

• pistkittypistkitty Member ✭✭

I agree, clone is massively overpowered, I've been saying this for quite some time now.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭
    edited July 12

I think scavengers using clones are the easiest to kill.

After hundreds matches as hunter I can list how difficult is a character to kill.

The hardest character to kill is Inked because she has invisibility and perks to mitigate damage, ghost don't have any perk to mitigate damage so he isn't so difficult.

Then, I think that Fog/Sawbones spaming heal bolts are also difficult to kill. Dash is balanced, because you can kill him easily as you can lose sight of him.

Finally, scavengers with smoke or clones are so easy to kill.

My actual Hunter's experience

@EliPer said:

After hundreds matches as hunter I can list how difficult is a character to kill.

The hardest character to kill is Inked because she has invisibility and perks to mitigate damage, ghost don't have any perk to mitigate damage so he isn't so difficult.

Then, I think that Fog/Sawbones spaming heal bolts are also difficult to kill. Dash is balanced, because you can kill him easily as you can lose sight of him.

You sure? I've been having a lot of success getting out of chases using Smoke.

With camo the Hunter always keeps hitting me anyways, since the shimmer and dust isn't that hard to notice. But with smoke I can shoot it at them directly and get a free juke. Not to mention is super easy to assist my team with it.

That being said having smoke and someone with camo right next to you is the best. When the Hunter comes you smoke and camo and then he has no idea where either of you went. It's a free escape so long as you don't run into a drone or something.

Camo makes you invisible, but smoke makes everything invisible.

Also I think it's just more fun to use. But that's far more subjective. Maybe I'm just using camo wrong?

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

@NuclearBurrito said:

@EliPer said:

With camo the Hunter always keeps hitting me anyways, since the shimmer and dust isn't that hard to notice. But with smoke I can shoot it at them directly and get a free juke. Not to mention is super easy to assist my team with it.

That being said having smoke and someone with camo right next to you is the best. When the Hunter comes you smoke and camo and then he has no idea where either of you went. It's a free escape so long as you don't run into a drone or something.

Also I think it's just more fun to use. But that's far more subjective. Maybe I'm just using camo wrong?

I said this according my successful chases. 99% of times I kill someone using clones, someone using smoke it reduces to 90% of time. For heal spaming players I think that about 75% of chases, and against camo I just kill them 50 up to 60% of all chases.

• EliPerEliPer Member ✭✭

@NuclearBurrito said:

@EliPer said:

I said this accordding my successful chases rate.

Against clones it is almost 99%.
    Against smoke it reduces to 90%.
    Against those who plays with heal spaming, it is almost 75 - 80%.
    Against players using camo, I think my successful rate drops to 50 - 60%.

@EliPer said:

@NuclearBurrito said:

@EliPer said:

I said this accordding my successful chases rate.

Against clones it is almost 99%.
    Against smoke it reduces to 90%.
    Against those who plays with heal spaming, it is almost 75 - 80%.
    Against players using camo, I think my successful rate drops to 50 - 60%.

How do you use camo then? Because I'm not having nearly that much success with it.

• NajemniczkasNajemniczkas Member ✭✭

Well... Ghost has useless perks overall and Switch has only those that help her with rolling. So Clone users have the disadvantage of having not so great perks.

Clones are hard to use in chase. To be fair, I rather avoid chase while using Clones. I use them to slip by the Hunter as he is nearby. Thus I don't really earn Hunter Close points, because I'm not taking the risk of being super close to Hunter or getting into a chase with Clones. I use my awarness to move in the places Hunter is not around at the moment and to distract him. And, to be fair, you kind of missed the point of the usage of Clones - it's not for the chases.

Clones are very good as they can be used for many things, but mostly distraction. Heal is only good for chases/after chases and reviving, Camo pretty much only for chases, Speed for chases and moving around the map, Smoke for chases (jukes) and sometimes distraction. Shield... What's that?

So the power of Clones lies in how many ways you can use them, compared to other Powers.

Just your friendly Scavenger Main Nayeh.

• shared_l00tshared_l00t Member

@Najemniczkas said:
    The only issue I see with clones is that... They're way different than other Power Bolts, but the Exp reward system is build for the other Power Bolts. I love using them to distract Hunter and keep him occupied especially on a point no one is on, but I get nothing for buying my team some time. No distraction points, no nothing. It's a shame, as Clones are really fun power.

I totally agree. You get no XP from distracting the hunter and helping your teammates with the clones.
    I think you should be rewarded and see a little indicator that tells you when the Hunter shoots your clones. This would be much more rewarding than currently nothing

• SmokePotionSmokePotion Member

@shared_l00t said:

@Najemniczkas said:

I totally agree. You get no XP from distracting the hunter and helping your teammates with the clones.
    I think you should be rewarded and see a little indicator that tells you when the Hunter shoots your clones. This would be much more rewarding than currently nothing

Yeah that is the biggest downfall. i wish i got like 5xp every time a clone was shot or something.