How to Get & Redeem your Alpha & Beta Key

LeviLevi Member, Moderator mod
edited June 24 in Technical

I have noticed several people confused on how to get a key and redeem it so hopefully this will help.

If you have received a key from the email sent to you (check spam) and are unsure what to do with it next, please do the following steps:

1. Open the Steam client software on your computer
  2. In the lower left corner of steam, there should be a button "+add a game" click that.
  3. Select "activate a product on Steam" from the drop down menu
  4. Paste in your 15 digit key and enter
  5. At that point the game should be in your library and begin downloading

If you have already played during the alpha, you do not need to have a beta key to play in the beta. Simply update the game in your steam library.

Comments

• MixtySixMixtySix Member

Well, I need a key before I can worry about this lol

• MichkelMichkel Member

So, how do I get a key to be sent to me?

• ShoTyShoTy Member

what if i already played the alpha ?
    I can´t start the game even with a different key ?

• LeviLevi Member, Moderator mod

@ShoTy said:
    what if i already played the alpha ?
    I can´t start the game even with a different key ?

Hello, if you already have played in the alpha all you should need to do is download the update in your steam library to play the beta.

• LeviLevi Member, Moderator mod

@Michkel said:
    So, how do I get a key to be sent to me?

Please go to http://www.deathgardengame.com/en and scroll to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your email address to be entered in to get a beta key.

• MühliMühli Member

I pre-ordered deathgarden I redeemed the key for the game in steam. But can not redeem the 2 bonuskey because I already own the product. And did not get any skins in dead by daylight: /
    I hope anyone can help me
    Kind regards

• PerfPerf Member
    edited July 8

I think bonus key is for a friend to acces closed beta or early access. Skins for dead by daylight will be available at Deathgarden early access.

• MühliMühli Member

@Perf said:
    I think bonus key is for a friend to acces closed beta or early access. Skins for dead by daylight will be available at Deathgarden early access.

I was surprised because I already had a person with the meg mask in Dead by Daylight with me in the lobby

• MichaelMichael Administrator, Dev admin

@Mühli said:

@Perf said:

I was surprised because I already had a person with the meg mask in Dead by Daylight with me in the lobby

The bonus key grants you access to Deathgarden's soft launch (a few days leading up to Early access). That being said, if you participated in the Beta, you don't need to redeem said bonus key. :)

• HoodiniBoiHoodiniBoi Member

How do you play the closed beta/ soft launch if you pre-order it, i cant play it right now.