Scavengers for noobs

jakjak Member
edited June 2019 in Tips & Training

Introduction

Welcome. In this - short - guide I'll take you over the most important stuff you should know, before you start playing, or complaining about the killer executing you. This guide is revolved around new players.

The rules (short)

You're 5 survivors getting chased by a hunter. If the hunter kills you, it can execute you, and you're out of the game. Because of that, you have to play carefully. The main objective is to gather blood and drop it off at the delivering points(A, B & C). When your team has delivered 125 blood, or the timer runs out, the exits open, and when you enter, you're out.

Your loadout + important stuff

Alright. To start off with, we're gonna go over your loadout.

The bow (available to all scavengers)

No - you can't use this to kill the hunter. The bow can destroy turrets(explained later) and mark stuff so your teammates can see the aura of them. Maximum arrows: 20

Note: the hunter can hear you shooting your bow. So don't just mess around ;)

Ammo boxes

Used to refill your ammunition by 10.

Power cores

Used to refill your characters ability(read further down) by 3(maximum).

Blood gatherers

Used to gather blood to escape. Each gatherer contains 5 blood, and will slowly regenerate after being emptied. You can only carry 10 blood at a time.

Using objects
Unlocking objects near a teammate (5 meters, I belive) will result in both of you receiving the reward. This counts for ammo boxes, power cores, blood etc. If a teammate is near, wait for him before opening an ammo box or gathering blood. Using an object will put it on cooldown for an amount of time. In this time period, the object can't be used by anyone.

Different characters

Each character has it's own unique ability. You can see your ability under your arrows in the down-right corner.

A short list of the characters and their abilities ordered by usefulness:

1. Ghost (Invisibility) | Difficulty: Medium
Ghost is the best, simply because he can disappear instantly, which makes it very easy to mindgame the hunter. Using his ability on knocked teammates hides them, and gives them a better shot at finding a health-pot.

2. Sawbones (Healer) | Difficulty: Easy
I recommend you play Sawbones first. She's a healer, both on herself and her teammates. You're able to heal yourself in chases, and heal knocked teammates to revive them.

3. Fog (Smoke) | Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Fog is amazing in chases. You've got three smoke grenades, that all make a massive cloud for you to disappear in. Use them on knocked teammates, so the hunter can't find them. Tip: Shoot smoke the other direction than you're running to trick the hunter to walk over there.

4. Switch (Cloning) | Difficulty: Hard
Switch is alright, but I'd pick Ghost over her anytime. You're able to clone yourself. It can be a bit hard to learn, but can be useful in some scenarios.

5. Inked (Shield) | Difficulty: Easy
Inked is decent. Her shield isn't the strongest, but she's got a camo too. I still see her as one of the low-tier scavengers.

The optimal playing style

Because of the hunters ability to execute you on knockdown, you have to play carefully. I recommend doing early game stuff in this order:

1. Drop down. Find an ammo box and power core. The hunter will spawn on the other side of the map, so don't rush through the middle.

Blood gatherers spawn a few seconds after start

2. Get your eyes on the delivering points, and mark them with your arrow if you find one. Find blood gatherers and get max blood, and get an idea of where the hunter is. Look at your teammates' healthbars, to see if they're getting chased. If so, you're all clear and can deliver blood to the points. Delivering takes time, so always make sure you have an idea what to do if the killer comes.

If you don't know where the hunter is, don't just rush to a point. It'll jump in from the side and execute your ass.

3. Main game has started. Always make sure to be stacked up on ammunition and power cores.

Updates will come to this post - last updated on 03-06-19 // This guide is NOT done.

Comments

• 2scavs1post2scavs1post Member

Ghost is the best, simply because he can disappear instantly, which makes it very easy to mindgame the hunter. Using his ability on knocked teammates hides them, and gives them a better shot at finding a health-pot.

I recommend you play Sawbones first. She's a healer, both on herself and her teammates. You're able to heal yourself in chases, and heal knocked teammates to revive them.

Fog is amazing in chases. You've got three smoke grenades, that all make a massive cloud for you to disappear in. Use them on knocked teammates, so the hunter can't find them. Tip: Shoot smoke the other direction than you're running to trick the hunter to walk over there.

Switch is alright, but I'd pick Ghost over her anytime. You're able to clone yourself. It can be a bit hard to learn, but can be useful in some scenarios.

Inked is bad. Shields are useless atm., and there's no reason to not pick heals.

Imagine making a guide saying that ghost is the best because he can use CAMO, while saying that Inked is bad. Inked has camo, higher hp, higher stam and perks that are arguably stronger. Sawbones is the only scav without the ability to disrupt the hunters vision of you, and in turn makes her the least noob friendly scav. Heal is pretty underwhelming considering it's a HoT.

• jakjak Member
    edited June 2019

@2scavs1post said:

Inked is bad. Shields are useless atm., and there's no reason to not pick heals.

Imagine making a guide saying that ghost is the best because he can use CAMO, while saying that Inked is bad. Inked has camo, higher hp, higher stam and perks that are arguably stronger. Sawbones is the only scav without the ability to disrupt the hunters vision of you, and in turn makes her the least noob friendly scav. Heal is pretty underwhelming considering it's a HoT.

This guide is revolved around new players. Therefore perks doesn't mean anything -- it's simply to get an idea of the game. But yeah .. forgot that Inked has camo. Gonna take that into consideration 'n update the guide.

• 2scavs1post2scavs1post Member
    edited June 2019

This guide is revolved around new players. Therefore perks doesn't mean anything -- it's simply to get an idea of the game. But yeah .. forgot that Inked has camo. Gonna take that into consideration 'n update the guide.

How do they not mean anything? You have to play Fog to earn the platinum to buy your next character, and by that point you'll have enough blood for the alternate vambrace skill after buying.

• jakjak Member

It’s an introduction. It’s made to give new players an idea of what to do - not what to build, hence why I’m not writing anything about that.

Pardon me, but I think you misinterpreted this whole thing. If you’re an Inked main and you got offended by my guide - well I’m sorry - it’s an opinion.

Also: what part of ‘guide for new players’ don’t you understand? You don’t have your second perk when you’re new. I’m pretty certain that you start with 800 platinum, so you can pretty much buy any scavenger you’d like.

Please stop commenting on my post. You misunderstood this whole thing.

• DeathDongerDeathDonger Member

great guide! you put some effort into this

love to see people trying to help out the new players!

• Alice0PastelAlice0Pastel Member

opinion is fine but fact is much better when it comes to guides, Sawbones is not an easy class and is not beginner friendly, simply because you cannot distort the hunters vision ( the only scavenger that can't) which makes her rely solely on your juking ability, also Inked is probably the best scavenger (Overall, perks)