A small rant on how the game has changed.

I'm going to preface this post with the fact that I played during the closed beta. Regardless of the balancing issues during that time, I genuinely enjoyed playing the game as a scavenger. That being said, the changes that took place in the BloodHarvest update are unwarranted in my opinion.
I understand the fact of having the hunter be this unstoppable beast, but being able to kill immediately off downs is crossing the fine line that this game aims to create. The blood post was a great way of navigating this issue, but as the developers said, it wasn't giving the hunter control over the scavengers as it should be. There has to be some sort of middle ground that can be reached in that area.
The only game mode in the new update can also be played only so many times before it gets to a point of annoyance. The key and capture modes in the beta were a nice touch and I think it could improve the game a lot if it was added back in.
Finally the stuff that the developers did right in this update; characters. Despite the fact of my opinion in this matter, I do think it was a good idea to add them. The scavengers were much too powerful in the beta with what they had available to them and the character system is a good way to balance that.
Then again these are just my opinions, this was the best place I thought to put this but if its not, feel free to do with this post as you see fit or feel free to tell me where I can move it.

Comments

• TGGTGG Member

Ill agree that dying 15 seconds after the killer spawns does suck, especially while playing with other people, but the bloodpost went against what they wanted the game to be like. maybe a slightly lengthier timer or 2 downs before Sacrifice? idk how that would be properly balanced, but either way, it should be changed, i agree.

• TiffahbeanTiffahbean Member

I sincerely hope that there will be a change in killing on the first down. I think it would be much more balanced should the hunter only be able to sacrifice a scavenger after the second down. Not only would the hunter gain more points, but the scavengers can enjoy the game as well.

• pistkittypistkitty Member ✭✭

It's really simple; don't get caught. I still run into bozos shooting bracer darts at me; runners have fifty gajillion ways to hide and fascilitate escaping if seen. If you think getting gunned down because you were prancing about in the open is frustrating, I assure you it's equally so to go a full game and see literally no one because they're using the tools they have to play the game intelligently.

• Dereck_BaumDereck_Baum Member
    edited June 13

I somewhat agree that being able to be executed instantly is a little annoying but not really a huge issue, the whole point is to not get caught in the first place, plus it is possible to be revived before you get executed by the healer class if the player is good. I think the main issue with hunters is being able to have every single drone active at once... they should either be limited to 5 or 6 at a time, or if the devs seriously want them to be able to have all of them active at once, they shouldn't respawn automatically. I just think having the entire map covered by drones removes skill and counterplay, especially when there are 3 drones covering one pillar, and it would add a more strategic element to the game when the hunter has to choose which drones would be best to have active.